Search for content in message boards

Granville, NY Cemetery

Granville, NY Cemetery

Posted: 30 Aug 2009 12:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Evans, Roberts, Thomas
I am having trouble finding any death records for my great grandmother, Emily Evans Roberts and her family.

Parents: Hannah Thomas (1869-?) and John J Evans (1867-1941)
Birth: 27 Nov 1896 in Bethesda, Caernarvonshire, Wales
Death: 1959 in Granville, New York.

Siblings: Edward, Stephen (1895-?), Myfanwy (1901-?), Olwen (1904-1986), and Charlotte (1911-?).

Married Hugh Roberts (1894-?) about 1919.
Children: Florence Jones (1916-?), Evelyn Waynick(1925-P) and Elinor Retallack (1927-P).

My grandmother says Emily and serveral family members are buried in the Granville Cemetery but I have found no cemeteries by that name. Can anyone help?

Re: Granville, NY Cemetery

Posted: 30 Aug 2009 6:00AM GMT
Granville is located in Washington County, NY. I can find a few cemeteries listed for Granville on Find a Grave, none by the name of Granville Cemetery. Try posting your request on the Washington County, NY message board. Perhaps someone there can assist you.

Susan

Posted: 17 Nov 2009 12:02AM GMT
Try Truthville Baptist Cemetery, Granville, New York
I have Roblee ancestors buried there.

Posted: 20 May 2010 9:14PM GMT
go to the washington county historical socitiy in the village of fort edward. they have booklets on amost every cemetery in the county and a list of everyone in that cemetery. they also have cemeterys located in vermont as well, becacuse parts of vermont were part of washington county. also you might chech the cemeterys that are located in whitehall because alot of people from granville went to the churches in whitehall. hope this helps

Posted: 10 Jul 2010 10:04PM GMT
Margaret "Peg" R. Jenks has published books for all the town in Rutland Co., VT, and also Granville, Washington Co., NY because she has personal connections there.

In the book "Granville, Washington County New York Cemetery Inscriptions" Hugh J. and Emily are listed on page 67 in the Mettowee Valley Cemetery in Granville. The "cemetery is located north of where the rail road crosses North Street and half a mile north of the blinker light in the center of the village." Emily's dates are 1896 - 1960 and Hugh's 1894 - 1927. Emily's parents and brother Olwen as well as a number of other Evans are listed, as are a number of Roberts. Peg Jenks email is mjenks @ capital.net [spaces inserted around the @ to discourage spambots] if you want to check on availablity of the book.

Posted: 28 Mar 2012 12:46AM GMT
Surnames: Roberts
your Roberts family members are buried in Mettowee Valley Cemetery, Granville NY

Hemenway in a Granville, NY Cemetery

Posted: 23 Sep 2012 4:17PM GMT
Looking for Asa and Sally(Sarah)Hemenway who both supposedly died in Granville, Washington Co. NY in 1864. Are they buried in a cemetery there?

Re: Hemenway in a Granville, NY Cemetery

Posted: 23 Sep 2012 7:57PM GMT
North Granville Cemetery:
Asa Hemenway, father, D. Feb. 16, 1864 age 73-8-10
Sally, wife of Asa, mother, D. April 14, 1864 age 71-10-17

There are also a few other family members that died previous
to the one's mentioned. Information found in the Granville Cemetery Inscriptions, Washington County, New York.

Linda (Howard) Carlson

Posted: 24 Sep 2012 7:36AM GMT
Thank you very much for the prompt reply about the grave sites of Asa and Sally Hemenway. Now if I could only figure out why they went to Granville NY from New Hampshire in the first place.

Posted: 24 Sep 2012 11:19AM GMT
Granville had work. I'll see if I can find out info for you. My father grew up there and his family had been there from early 1800's.

Linda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic