Search for content in message boards

Ebenezer Wakefield descendants in Franklin Co 1800s

Ebenezer Wakefield descendants in Franklin Co 1800s

Posted: 27 Apr 2005 3:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Apr 2005 2:06AM GMT
Surnames: Wakefield, Sherwood, Closson, Stearn, Brown
Looking for information on any Wakefields from Franklin County. Those that I know of:

Ebenezer (prob b. between 1760 and 1775; in Franklin Co 1820 and 1830 census)
Harriet (b. abt 1805) m. Reuben SHERWOOD
Thomas J. (b. abt 1810; 1850 and 1860 census) m. Philinda CLOSSON
James M. (b. abt 1815; 1840,1850, 1860 census) m. Clarinda BROWN
Homer (b. abt 1819; 1840, 1850, 1860 census) m. Adaline STEARN

Any information would be appreciated.

Re: Ebenezer Wakefield descendants in Franklin Co 1800s

Posted: 10 Jan 2006 4:46PM GMT
First I have no connection to your family, I dothis as a hobby. I have found quite a bit on the people you mentioned in your inquirery, namely: Ebenezer Wakefield, Thomas, Homer James L. Wakefield, their wives and their children. YThe Closson name is mentioned as well as Brown. I have quite a lot of info, maybe too much to E Mail, would be glad to compilewhat I got and mail it to you via the Postal Dept. Please let me know....Dennis

Posted: 8 Apr 2007 8:34PM GMT
Surnames: Sherwood Wakefield
My g-g-great grandfather was Allen Jesse Sherwood b. April 1846 in Bombay, Franklin Co., NY according to his obit and military records.
His parents are supposedly Rueben Sherwood and Harriett Wakefield. He was in Merton, Waukesha Co., WI in 1850 at age 11. I cannot find the Sherwoods in 1860 in Wisconsin.

I am looking for them in New York before 1850. Can you help me?

Posted: 13 Mar 2008 1:43PM GMT
Surnames: BROWN, WAKEFIELD
I have some information about Clarinda Brown who married James M. Wakefield. Clarinda was the daughter of Samuel Brown and Hannah Heath, who judging from birthdates for her and her older brother moved to Franklin County after 1816 and before 1820. Clarinda's grandfather was Solomon Brown, the man widely reputed to have fired the first shot of the Revolutionary War, the "shot heard round the world", at Lexington, Massachusetts. Solomon died in 1837 in New Haven, Vermont. I have a copy of his will which verifies sons Samuel, William, James and Solomon, as well as other children who stayed in Vermont. Hope this is a help. Barbara at bburt001@nycap.RR.com

Posted: 13 Mar 2008 11:54PM GMT
Surnames: WAKEFIELD
Hi Dennis,

For some reason I never got an notification that you had posted, I hope you are still watching this board.

I am interested in what you have found about the Wakefields. I am still not positive that I am tied to this bunch and am looking for any information that might help me make that connection.

Ronda

Posted: 15 Oct 2009 10:21PM GMT
Hi Dennis -

I found your post and hope that you still have the Wakefield information. Ebenezer Wakefield was my ggg-grandfather and I am looking for all information.

Please contact me if you are able to help.

Posted: 16 Oct 2009 9:50PM GMT
I just got some new information on Ebenezer and his wife, Salinda. Who are you descended through?

Contact me at ronda.oberlin@gmail.com and I'll be glad to share what I have.

Posted: 17 Oct 2009 1:31AM GMT
..Recieved your inquirery..I must have discarded what I had found back in 2006..as I said then I am not connected to the Family I do these look-up's as a "Hobby"..However I did find some info last night on one of Ebenezer's children Homer and one of Homer's children Cathrine..Rather that try to give all of this to you via E Mail I will tell you where I got the info and you can log on and check it out..try rootsweb.com and Familysearch.org..if you have any problems let me know and I will try to send you the info I have..I intend to do some more research tonight....Dennis.............I can be reached directly at DCAMB@northnet.org

Posted: 28 Jun 2010 9:47PM GMT
my name is gary wakefield and i am the great great grandsom of thomas jefferson wakefield. i believe that this makes me the great great great grandson of ebenzer wakefield. thomas j's son was william edgar wakefield, my great grandfather.
his son was elmer wakefield my grandfather. his son was edgar raymond wakefield my father. i would like any additional information that you may have on ebenzer and his origins

Posted: 10 Jul 2010 8:44PM GMT
I have some information on James M. Wakefield and Clarinda Brown and their children. Clarinda died 13 April 1910 in Tucson, Arizona. Clarinda was the daughter of Samuel Brown and Hannah Heath and granddaughter of Solomon Brown, the man well-reputed to have fired the first shot of the Revolutionary War in 1775 in Lexington, MA.

I can be reached at bburt001@nycap.RR.com

Barbara
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions