Search for content in message boards

Krejca from Pelhrimov

Krejca from Pelhrimov

Posted: 23 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 7:13PM GMT
Surnames: Krejca, Nusel, Barta, Sojka, Mikolas, Nemec, Vana, Samec, Vodicka
Jan Joseph Krejca (1840-1929)and wife Anna Mikolas (1855-1929) left Castkovice in 1886 with their family Marie, Anna and Joseph for America. Settled in Kewaunee County, Wisconsin. Mikolas, Vana, Nemec, Samec, Vodicka, Nusel, Barta,and Sojka are all identified as ancestors and lived in the area in close vicinity of Pelhrimov including Cakovice, Stary Pelhrimov, Lipice, Bacovice, Vlasenice. Seeking information on families currently living in CZ or who may have emmigrated to America about 1886.

Nemec

Beatrice Machan Jordan (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Nemec
I am looking for information about my grandmother-Anna Barbara Nemec- born 1881 in Bohemia-near Praque. Came to America 1884? had one brother John and a sister Adelaine Rose both born in America. Anna died in 1948.

Samec from Bohemia

Joanne Samec Nielsen (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Samec, Busek
Albert J Samec (b/d Apr.22, 1860) and wife Kathryn Kostal (b/d Apr.22 1863) had one son Albert(b/d 1884). Kathryns mother was Mary Martinek They left Lumice, Bohemia (possibly Lomice)in 1884 and came to St. Paul, Minnesota, USA. Any info would be appriciated.

Samec from Bohemia

Joanne Samec Nielsen (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Samec, Busek
Albert J Samec (b/d Apr.22, 1860) and wife Kathryn Kostal (b/d Apr.22 1863) had one son Albert (b/d 1884). Kathryns mother was Mary Martine. They left Lumice, Bohemia, (possibly Lomice) in 1884 and came to St. Paul, Minnesota, USA. Any info would be appreciated.
Posted: 8 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 7:13PM GMT
Surnames: Krejca, mikolas, Samec
Thanks for the inquiry on Samec. Do not believe there is any connection. Couldn't find a village of Lomice. Clould be Lomnice and there are five of those!

Nemec Relationship

Posted: 8 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Aug 2001 9:26PM GMT
Surnames: Nemec
Is there a possible relationship? My uncle was Joseph Nemec, who married Barbara Ziska. Their children were Rose, John, Agnes, Emil, Mildred and Dolores. They lived in Chicago. Mildred still lives in Chicago (I don't know her married name). The rest are deceased. I have a cousin Dolores Fletcher, whose maiden name was Nemec. She lives in Merrill, Wisconsin.

Nemec

Beatrice Machan Jordan (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Anna Barbara Nemec ,born in Bohemia near Praque in 1881 came to the USA when she was 3-1884? There were two childre born here, a sister named Adeline Rose, called Ida and a brother emil John. He was born in Coloma, Wisc. I had his fgrandchild Ronald in school when i taught in Cicero, Illinois in the 60s. Not quite sure if the brother of Anna was john or emil. Anna buried at Pilot Knob cemetary next to Pilot Knob church in country. Died 1948, November 2?.Sounds like there is some connection because of the similar children names.

Re: Samec from Bohemia

Phil Hamer (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2004 3:53AM GMT
Have come across some census information regarding Albert and Katherine Samec and sons, Albert Jr., George, Frank, Edward and Emil for 1900, 1910, 1920 and 1930. Have death certificates for Albert, Sr and Jr. Am looking for possible connection between Albert, Sr and Joseph Samec (brother?) who is my great-grandfather. Would appreciate any help in this connection.

Posted: 20 Mar 2013 8:12PM GMT
Have read your 2001 inquiry about Samecs while I was doing some research about my Samecs who came to St Paul, Minnesota. Came across a Vojtech (Albert) Samec born 31 May 1884 in Smrzov, Bohemia, Smrzov being a village very close to Lomnice nad Luznice. You can view the birth record at Digi.Ceskearchivy.cz under parish records, Roman Catholic,Lomnice nad Luznice, Book 7, births, image 69. Hope you get this message.

Posted: 21 Mar 2013 12:14AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Krejca, Mikolas, Vana
Thanks for the response about Samec. I'll take a closer look as soon as I can. There are always possibilities but with the surname not in the "Top One Hundred" in frequency, we may get close. I'll add this to my bucket list.

I am surprised at the number of researchers who do not actively post.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions