Search for content in message boards

Ashley's of eastern kentucky

Ashley's of eastern kentucky

Posted: 25 May 2007 12:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ashley
Looking for the gravesite of Jordan Ashley: Others seem to think he is buried in Wolfe County!

Re: Ashley's of eastern kentucky

Posted: 2 Jun 2007 1:03AM GMT
I to have been searching for Jordan's grave site. Hopefully, finding Barbara beside him. So far, the best guess is a Cemetery on or near Quillen Chapel Road, Campton, Ky. I have driven along Rt 15 through Campton and that road intersects with RT 15. This road is very near Swift Creek Road. Which matches family tradition that they are buried in Swift Camp Cemetery. Seach has been made of the Cemetery on Quillen Chapel road, but no Jordan or Barbara. There are graves with stones no longer readable. I descend from their daughter Martha. Would like to further discuss this family. jbfrancis6@aol.com

Posted: 23 Aug 2007 1:17PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Ashley
My line is as follows::
Father: Silas Ashley
Grand father: Freelin Ashley jr.
Great grand father: Freelin Ashley sr.
Great-Great G-Father: Franklin Ashley
great-Great-Great G-Father Jordan Ashley

Posted: 23 Aug 2007 7:17PM GMT
Thanks for the reply. I descend from Martha sister to Franklin. Would like to share some info between us on Jordan and Barbara family. Knew Linden from school. Have obit of Silas, if you would like it. I have original pic of Martha if you would like. I have some info on William Tolbert Ashley. Some ancestry record, show him as son of Franklin and Lucy, this is error.
jbfrancis6@aol.com

Posted: 15 Nov 2007 2:48PM GMT
Edited: 16 Feb 2013 5:38PM GMT
I am sorry but i dont remember your name as JB francis.
I am Lindens brother (John Raymond)was called johnny Raymond in high school. Have you been to any of the high school reunions?? Yes I would be glad to send you any
info and I would like to have the info you mentioned.
Sorry for the late reply:; I have been in Alabama for
two months and just returned home!!

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 5:37PM GMT
J.B.
Since Barbara Ashley lived out her final years in Hazel Green, I wonder if she was buried in Hazel Green???
I am going to try to find the names of the cemeteries there to look for a posssible grave site.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic