Search for content in message boards

Drivers of Miss., Tx. and Ill.

Drivers of Miss., Tx. and Ill.

TaNeika Driver (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2001 10:26AM GMT
I am trying to find any Drivers that originated from Webb, Miss and moved north to Chicago and Danville, Ill. Also, some are in Central Texas. Any information would be helpful. Thanks....

????

Chimere Driver (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2001 10:55AM GMT
I'm a black female from Alabama and I have family in Mississippi and Chicago if that helps any.

What part?

TaNeika (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2001 1:40PM GMT
What part of Miss. is your family from and where are you from? Maybe we are related. I've tried ancestry.com before and most of the Drivers on here are white, but I am a Black female also.

drivers.....

patricia driver mccaine (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2001 1:25PM GMT
that is a true statement, i've been looking and got somewhat discourage when all the drivers i was finding were white. now i'm sure we are all some kind of way relative but i didn't find anyone who knew my people.
we are a black family from oklahoma, and my dad troy driver sr. had a bunch of children. he's parents dewey pat driver and annabell driver had one other child, dewitt driver. my grandparent's parents were felix and gertrude driver.... any of this rings a bell???? can anyone help??? don't really know all of my fathers people but my brother(bennie driver sr.) and i would sure love to meet that side of our family....

Driver info

TaNeika (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2001 3:02PM GMT
I need to look in my family history file and I will get back to you on that. The name Getrude does sound familiar though.... A couple of weeks ago, I hit a brick wall, now it seems as if I am getting somewhere. Thanks for replying and I will let you know definitely tomorrow what I found out. Please don't stop replying to my messages... we'll figure this out together and find our family and hopefully one day meet.

Driver relation...

TaNeika (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2001 2:37PM GMT
I'm looking at my family book now and I see that my great-grandfather's father's name was William Cornelius Driver. He was married to Florence Davis. They lived down South, but not for sure where. I couldn't find anything in the death index on these person's. Does any of this ring a bell? This is where I hit a brick wall....

Driver info.

Chimere (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2001 3:11PM GMT
I have family in Columbus MS

driver

Chimere (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2001 3:14PM GMT
My g-grandfather's name was Oscar Driver

Driver info.

TaNeika (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2001 4:23PM GMT
My great-great grandfather's name was William Cornelius Driver. I do know that records in Mississippi courthouse some years back got destroyed in a fire.... Maybe there is a connection there... I know we are kin somewhere down the line, just not sure where.... I'll look into it though! Thanks.....

Driver

TaNeika (View posts)
Posted: 2 May 2001 3:35PM GMT
I'm not for sure where that is located at.... Do you have any more info? Also, for those of you who would like to meet some of the Driver's, we will be having a family reunion in August in Detroit, Michigan.... Family will be coming from Chicago, Mississippi, Texas... all over. If you are interested in attending, let me know...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic