Search for content in message boards

Looking for MEANS from Massachusetts

Looking for MEANS from Massachusetts

Posted: 23 Dec 2000 9:39PM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2002 3:48AM GMT
My grandfather was Theodore Richard Means (born Sep 2, 1913). His parents were Arthur Frederick (or Frederick Arthur) Means and Ethel Francis (don't know her maiden name). They had the following children: Madeline, Frederick Arthur(or Arthur Frederick-opposite from his father),Edward, Dorothy, Eustis, Warren, Ethel, and Charlotte (as well as my grandfather).

I believe they are all from Massachusetts. I am just starting my genealogy on this line and would love any help.

odd bits

jeremy means (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2001 3:38PM GMT
Our family line descends from Robert who arrived in Maine in 1718. Anote in that entry reads as follows "Another Robert 1742-1823, son of Tomas, came from Ireland 1766, settled in Merrimac, NH, then Amherst, married Mary, dau. of Rev. David MacGregor...".

Re: Looking for MEANS from Massachusetts

Posted: 20 Jan 2012 8:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
My family is the Means from Mass, you may not get this reply since you posted this in 2000, My grandfathers name was Eustis Means , and I am also looking for information on him as well!

Posted: 30 Mar 2012 3:55AM GMT
my mother was ethel means, sister to your grandfather, eustis. i'm her daughter and cousin of your, parent. i've been doing some genealogy for the means family and have researched and found quite a bit. i can fill you in on your grandfather. if you are interested get in touch with me. also, the other post on this site requesting info on theodore richard means is a relation, he's your grandfather's brother , he'd be your great-uncle.

Posted: 4 May 2012 5:13PM GMT
Surnames: means
I just read the message board, and I believe that we may share the same family members. I am looking for my grandfather and his family member Eustic Means please please contact me at almeans@partners.org. I have been searching for any information for the last 10 years , and I keep hitting dead ends. or you could call me at 781-3073066. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you so very much

Sincerely,
Andrea Means

Robert Means

Posted: 16 Jun 2012 8:27PM GMT
Surnames: Means
My family line also descends from Robert Means who arrived in Maine 1718 from Ireland. I would like info on Irish ancestors. melville1.genealogy@comcast.net.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions