Search for content in message boards

Looking for parents of John R. Swearingen

Looking for parents of John R. Swearingen

Juanice (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2005 2:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for proof of parents of John R. Swearingen b 1798 who 1st married Mary (Polly) Baxter in 9/04/1818 Howard Co., MO. Mary died before 1840 and John remarried.

Children of John and Mary were probably - William B. b @1818, John, Lemuel, Henry, & Joe. Maybe John and Mary also had a daughter.

John may have been a brother or son of William D. Swearingen b 1770.

Thank you for any help.

Re: Looking for parents of John R. Swearingen

Posted: 2 Jun 2009 7:03AM GMT
Hello, I have the Parents of John R as William D Swearingen
born 1770 Montgomery Co, Md..died 1840 in Cole co, MO.
William married a Sarah (sallie) Ray. born @ 1774 and
died 1819. There is a deed in Warren co, KY that mentions
a late Sally (Swearingen) Hector (2nd husband) with the names of her kids John R...Benoni...Lemuel...William C...
and Thomas Swearingen.
William D and Sarah his wife are on a Deed for 200 acres
in Allen Co, KY. I hope this helps Its been a few years
between question and answer.
Chris

Posted: 11 Oct 2010 5:57PM GMT
There is an extensive history given in The Swearingen Family Register:

http://www.archive.org/details/familyhistorical00swea

It does list John R. Swearingen's parents as William D. Swearingen and Sarah "Sallie" Ray. It is likely his middle intial stood for "Ray," as that is the name of his grandson, John Ray Swearingen, my g-grandfather.

Interesting to see that William C. is indeed mentioned as a brother of John R. ... William is very famous in Texas as a hero of the Texas Revolution and as an early Texas Ranger. There is a monument to him in downtown Houston, TX. He wrote a famous letter to his brother Lemuel.

Posted: 1 Oct 2013 5:07PM GMT
I think that Sally Swearingen Heeter is the daughter of William D. Swearingen. Her husband was George Heeter. The other names are her brothers. Their mother died in 1819 in Warren County, KY. Thomas is given to the care of his older brother Benoni as an apprentice blacksmith. William C. is given to the care of a Presley Donaldson as an apprentice tailor.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions