Search for content in message boards

Andrew Bennett - Hancock County, Illinois From Decatur County, Indiana

Andrew Bennett - Hancock County, Illinois From Decatur County, Indiana

Posted: 18 Sep 2010 6:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bennett, Osborn
Looking for the ancestors and decedents of Andrew Bennett, Andrew was born in Kentucky possibly in Owens County in 1801. He came to Indiana with parents and settled in Jennings County, Indiana, Montgomery Township (1830 Federal Census) and later moved to Decatur County (1840 Federal Census). Andrew married Catharine “Kitty” Osborn in Jennings County, Indiana on 15 March 1828. Kitty was born in Owens County, Kentucky on 28 May 1811. They had the following children all born in Indiana: William Strawder (1829), William D. (1834), Jesse Franklin (1836), Nancy (1838), James A (1840), John L (1841) & Twins Mary E. and Mary C. (1845). I believe Kitty Bennett died after the twins were born. Family came to Hancock County, Illinois about 1846, Kitty was not in 1850 Federal Census of Hancock County with family. I believe the William Bennett found in 1840 Federal Census of Jennings County, Indiana to be the father of Andrew Bennett. Also in same census was John Osborn (same page) I believe to be the father of Kitty Osborn, both men were of the same age group 60-70. I believe the following persons to be possible brothers of Andrew Bennett. They were found in the 1830 -1840 Federal Census of Jennings and Decatur Counties in Indiana: J.C. Bennett (abt. 1790), I.D. Bennett (abt. 1795), John Bennett (abt. 1799), William (1803), Harry Bennett (1805), and James K. Bennett (1807). I believe this Bennett Family came from the Owens County, Kentucky area, would appreciate any help in identifying this family.

Re: Andrew Bennett - Hancock County, Illinois From Decatur County, Indiana

Posted: 6 Mar 2011 6:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi I noticed your post on Andrew. This is my direct line. One of the twins, Mary Emeline was my gggrandmother. She married Josiah Welch in Hancock Co. Illinois. They were married in 1870. Would like to compare and see what we can do for each other.
Thanks
Diane
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions