Search for content in message boards

Hennessey from Castlecomer, Kilkenny, Ireland

Hennessey from Castlecomer, Kilkenny, Ireland

Posted: 21 Mar 2005 1:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hennessey
I am looking for decendents of William Hennessey and Bridget Brennan. I found the following children born in Castlecomer: Anne born Nov 11, 1864, Bridget born August 30, 1866 (my great grandmother), Patrick born May 17, 1868, Joseph born April 16, 1870, John born April 6, 1872 and William born May 29, 1874. Bridget immigrated in the 1880's and married Nicholas Conroy. They had Helen 1892, Kathleen 1894, James 1896(7) and Elizabeth 1899. I think John stayed in IReland and had a son Patrick. William immigrated to the Chicago area and worked for the police. After retiring he was a car salesman. If you recognize these Irishmen please contact me. I am looking for you!!!

Re: Hennessey from Castlecomer, Kilkenny, Ireland

Posted: 5 Nov 2005 10:43AM GMT
Hi there
Do you know if your William Hennessey had a sister by the name of Bridget. My Bridget Hennessey was born approximately 1820, she married a Thomas Walsh in 1837. They came from Callan and Thomastown, Kilkenny. They had 11 children and went to Australia after 1850.

Kathleen Hendrickson (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2005 7:08PM GMT
Hi Diane,

I don't know anything about William's family. I still have not made contact with anyone from Ireland. I have sent letters to all the cemeteries in Kilkenny with pictures of John's grave marker (he died in 1934) and unfortunately have heard nothing. Please keep me posted. If I learn anything further, I will contact you.

Regard,

Kathleen Hendrickson

Posted: 10 Jun 2009 8:28PM GMT
Would this be the family of "Captain Bill Hennessey " known as Cussie from Mt Greenwood neighborhood . My Grandmother was Kathleen P Hennessy of 55th and Bishop his cousin.. If so in 2006 my wife and I met folks in Castlecomer that may be able to give a cemetary name as that is where they met "Bill" from Chicago who they became close freinds with later in life.

Posted: 11 Jun 2009 12:08AM GMT
Hello Hindesfarm!!

William Patrick Hennessy was born January 1 1895 in Castlecomer. He lived in Cook County Chicago. He was known as Captain Bill Hennessy. His death certificate lists his death date as 8/28/1985 and he lived in cook county. I don't know if that is mt. greenwood. Is 55th and Bishop a location in Chicago? Who are Kathleen's parents? I look forward to any information you can give me about the Hennessy's in Castlecomer! Thanks Kathleen Hendrickson

Posted: 11 Jun 2009 2:37AM GMT
I just checked the WWI registration listing for William Hennessy and his listed address is 5413 Bishop. Could that be near your Kathleen?

Thanks,

Kathleen Hendrickson

Posted: 12 Jun 2009 1:23AM GMT
ok , My Father was John Thomas Hindes the only son of Kathleen P Hennessy , He and his mother were abandoned so to speak by his father and he was raised in his Grandfathers house "Pa" Patrick J Hennessy of 5413 South Bishop , I have his journalcool stuff . Pa had a son William , and Pa was one of the first here sponsoring other family members. As I recall my father telling me the story William Patrick a cousin came over didn't have much other family here and spent most time with our family (maybe lived) , Since their were two "Will's" in the house , Cousin William became "Cussie" , Now he "Cussie " being from Castlecomer makes sense as my wife and I had dinner with folks we thought were family Houlihans of Castlecomer (might be) ?? who explained they met Cussie / Capt Bill in a cemetary in Castlecomer paying respects to his parents .

Posted: 12 Jun 2009 1:28AM GMT
yes my Great Grandfather was Patrick J Hennessy "Pa" of 5413 South Bishop , I have his journal and B&O FOB with his address , He was one of the first in and he watched over Bill ( If i recall my father told me that your Bill (our Cussie) was the only one (or first cousin) in his family to come over or early one and Pa took an eye out for him ..

Posted: 12 Jun 2009 1:33AM GMT
ps , I am Tim Hindes son of John Thomas Hindes , Son of Kathleen P Hennessy , Daughter of Patrick J Hennessy of 5413 South Bishop Chicago Il, our email is Hindesfarm@comcast.net we currently live in Rolling Prairie, IN Phone 219-778-4736 ... Here is how you can help us ,, Our daughter is going to Ireland for a trip , We would like to find the home town and county of Patrick J Hennessy Born May 3 1868 , Conflicting stories of Castlecomer or County Mayo ?? any clues

Posted: 12 Jun 2009 1:45AM GMT
ok see the link below , We knew Cussie well , He was at our wedding just 25 years ago, can probobly hook you up with pictures as well,,

William Hennessy married Bridget Brennan sometime 1863 or 1864. They had 6 children baptised in Castlecomer;Ann 1864,Bridget 1866,Patrick 1868, Joseph 1870,John 1872 and William 1874. Bridget came to NY about 1890. She married Nicholas Conroy. They had Helen 1892, Kathleen 1894, James 1896 and Elizbeth 1899. Additionally, John (1872) had a son William born 1895 who emigrated to Chicago. His ship registry lists Greens Hill Castlecomer as his hometown. In Chicago he was a police Captain known as Capt Bill Hennessy. He died 1985 and is buried in Mt. Olivet Cemetery. Would love to hear from someone with information on the Hennessy and Brennan families.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic