Search for content in message boards

Screven Co. GA Freeman's

Screven Co. GA Freeman's

Posted: 21 May 2006 1:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: FREEMAN
Attention Freeman researchers of Screven, Decatur, Early and Wilkinson Co.'s Georgia Freeman family lines.
There is now evidence through the Freeman DNA project that there were two Freeman lines in Screven Co.Georgia
Until we see another Y-DNA test result from a Freeman family in Wilkinson Co. GA or Decatur Co. GA to support or refute this new evidence it should be assumed that the descendants of Noah and Jacob Freeman of Screven Co. GA are contempories of John Freeman who operated the ferry at Briar Creek. As asserted by James Reddick's info per the "History of Screven County" by Dixon Hollingsworth.
Washington Freeman who died in Screven Co. 1829 and who's children were sent to live with relatives (John & Sarah Smith Freeman) in Wilkinson Co.Ga has a descendant who recently took a Y-DNA test and has shown to be a descendant of the John Freeman family of Norfolk Co. VA.
A previous testee in the Freeman DNA project who is descended from John Freeman of Briar Creek's son Benjamin has a completely different Y-DNA test result. These two testee's are from different Freeman family lines. Although they both have Freeman's who were born and or died in Screven Co. Georgia.

Re: Screven Co. GA Freeman's

Posted: 23 May 2006 6:59PM GMT
Surnames: Sneed, Kemp, Freeman,
Hi i saw your posting and was excited. I am looking for an A.S. Freeman who married Harriet Sneed and lived in Florida. he has been a mystery to us. I also have a Rachel Freeman who married a Daniel Kemp and she was the daughter of John Freeman. Daniel is the brother of Elias Kemp and Jinsey Riddick and also the father of Harriet Kemp who married my gggrandfather Anderson Sneed. Do you have more information on John Freeman and possible A.S. Freeman. Harriet Sneed was my greatgrandfathers sister.
thank you
Michelle Sneed Ward

Re: Screven Co. GA Freemans, Miller

Carol B. Miller (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2006 2:05AM GMT
Surnames: Miller, Freeman, Kemp, Wells, Burke, Parker, Cail, Lanier, Heard
Stan, I am interested in the Miller family associated with Freeman's Bridge. I found some information in the Hollingsworth cards which indicates that Sarah Freeman, daughter of John Freeman of Brier Creek and Freeman's Bridge, had a son named William Miller who was an heir of hers. So, I figure she must have married a Miller before her marriage in 1799 to Solomon Kemp Jr. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions