Search for content in message boards

Richardsons of Alabama

Richardsons of Alabama

Beth Richardson (View posts)
Posted: 13 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Richardson
My great-great grandfather was James Pomroy Richardson of Crenshaw County, AL. My great-grandfather was Roy Richardson also of Crenshaw County. Had relatives also in Lowndes, Montgomery, and Lauderdale Counties. Any information on any Richardsons from these areas would be appreciated.

Re: Richardsons of Alabama

ralph Richardson (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2001 3:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
hi beth, i stumbled onto your message board and i think i may have alittle information for you in regards to james pomroy. we have found him in several censuses.also he and my grandfather william hugh enlisted in the confederate army on the same day at the same place,fort deposit al. ihave some conflicting statements that james p was the brother of ggp william a and another that he was a cousin, he married a bird girl in about 1867. i am sure that he died in 1890 and is buried in the rocky mount cemetery near montgomery . we found a cemetery list at the clayton library in houston. i may be able to dig up some more info out of our pile of stuff.we have not been looking long enough to really know what we are doing and be proficient at it. let me hear from you.ralph
per page

Find a board about a specific topic