Search for content in message boards

Roland CLEMONS m. Callie M. DICKERSON 1920 Mercer County WV Census

Roland CLEMONS m. Callie M. DICKERSON 1920 Mercer County WV Census

Jessie Brown (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BROWN, DICKERSON, Dickinson, CLEMONS, DOBBINS, DUNCAN
Roland CLEMONS b. 1890 Floyd County VA. m. 1st Ada? surname unknown, 2nd wife Callie M. DICKERSON b. Oct. 1889 daughter of James Floyd Dickerson and Nancy Jane DOBBINS. Children shown on the 1920 Mercer County WV Census: dau Cora E. age 10; son Roy (Ray) E. age 9; son Griffie E. age 7; dau Virgie M. age 5; son Early L. age 3; and son Russia age 1.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

James Floyd Dickerson

Elinos Alton Whitlock, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Dickerson, Dobbins, Clemmons, Slusher, Wickham, Sullivan
James Floyd Dickerson was born August 13, 1869, Floyd County, VA and married 1889 Nancy Jane Dobbins born May 1874.

James Floyd Dickerson's parents were George William Dickerson born October 22 1853 and Mary Jane Clemmons.

George William Dickerson's parents were Amos Dickerson, Elder born May 16 1832, Floyd County, VA; married November 11, 1850, Floyd County, VA Mary Ann "Polly" Slusher born 1828, Montgomery County, VA to David and Nancy Cox Slusher.

Amos Dickerson's parents were Moses Dickerson, Jr. born October 10, 1783, Montgomery County, VA, died 1874, Floyd County, VA; second marriage 1831 Elizabeth Wickham born about 1787, Montgomery County, VA, died February 14 1876. (Elizabeth Wickham's parents were Nathaniel and Diana Wickham.)(Moses Dickerson, Jr.'s first marriage was to Nancy Reed.)

Moses Dickerson, Jr.'s parents are Moses Dickerson born about 1746, VA, died March 23, 1834, Floyd County, VA, buried Pine Creek Cemetery, Floyd County, VA; married Jemima Sullivan born 1746, VA, died May 26, 1846, Floyd County, VA, buried Pine Creek Cemetery, Floyd County, VA.

Nancy Jane DOBBINS

Jessie Brown (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: DICKERSON, DOBBINS, DUNCAN, Dunkin, CLEMONS, BROWN
Thank you for the information on the DICKERSON linage. Does anyone know the names of Nancy Jane b. May 1874 and her Sister, Sarah Jane DOBBINS parents? Again, thank you :) Jessie

Duncan/Dobbins

Posted: 4 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2005 6:17PM GMT
I have a Sarah E. Dobbins md Oct 10, 1895 Floyd Co., VA Andrew J. Young - she was a d/o Russell Dobyns and Annie ?. Please contact me about your Duncan connections - I have a book on the Duncan families of SW VA and would be glad to check the index for your line. Betty Jo Q. McDaniels, 2566 Va. Beach Blvd., Va. Beach, VA 23452

Re: Duncan/Dobbins

Posted: 17 Jul 2001 2:36AM GMT
Edited: 26 May 2004 8:04PM GMT
Surnames: duncan boyd
Would you be so kind to see if you have a Matilda Duncan
b/1865. I would love to know who her parents were. She married a William Elkanah Boyd and they lived in Indian Valley and later in Childress. Va. They were my ggrandparents. Thank you

Elinos Whitlock, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2001 6:44PM GMT
Edited: 26 May 2004 8:05PM GMT
Surnames: Duncan, Boyd, Hedge, Lefew
Dear Robin,
My information on Matilda Duncan is very limited. I do not know her parents. I only know she married William Elkanah Boyd and their three children were 1. Effie J. Boyd born about 1880 and married Floyd J. Hedge, 2. Georgt T. Boyd born about 1884 and 3. John W. Boyd born about 1886. William Elkanah Boyd was the son of Newberry Thomas Boyd and Martha Jane Lefew. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Betty Jo McDaniels (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2001 7:22PM GMT
I did check my material - did not find a Matilda Duncan b 1865 and did not have a Boyd listed. I am finding out that I missed a lot of families - sorry, Betty Jo

Maria Douthat (View posts)
Posted: 11 Oct 2001 2:21PM GMT
My grandmother was Dora Dobbins..her mother was Martha Ann(never married) daughter of Russell Dobbins and Anna Kirby....info is hard to find...please contact me...Maria

Re: James Floyd Dickerson

Posted: 9 Jul 2005 4:33PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2005 7:03PM GMT
Surnames: Wickham, Thompson
I notice that you have an Elizabeth Wickham that is born in Virginia, 1787 daughter of Nathaniel and Diane Wickham.

My third great grandfather on my maternal side of my tree was Nathaniel Wickham married to a Mary (Polly) THOMPSON in 1814. In the Tennessee Census he states that he was born in VA. as were his brothers John Wickham (b. ???) and William Wickham (b VA 1790).

I did not know if it was a coincidence that your Elisabeth and Nathaniel were born the same year. Also, her father's name is the same as my Nathaniel.

Do you have any information on the siblings of Elisabeth and any other information on Elisabeth's mother and father Nathaniel and Diane?

Thanks

Jinny Jackson Smith

Posted: 1 Feb 2007 6:16PM GMT
my grand father was issac warren ducan b-1872- d-1957 he married susan e. simpkins b-1872 d-1952 they lived in
indian valley there daughter ella enda ducan married
lewis johnson dobbins my mother and father my name is haven dobbins my e- mail is papasmurf-1@charter.net
contact me i have a lot of ducan families
per page

Find a board about a specific topic