Search for content in message boards

Fonda, Jelle Dowesz

Fonda, Jelle Dowesz

Posted: 7 Feb 2010 2:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fonda/Van Arnhem/jensen/Pietersz/Van Schaak/Jans/Teunis/Van Salsbergen/ Lucas/CornelisDavis/ Whiteley/Cook
This is my line
Jelle Douwesz FONDA b: abt 1620 d: 1658
m: 10 feb 1641 in Diemen, North Holland,Netherlands:
Hester PIETERSZ wife:
child born:
Douwe Jellisz FONDA before 24 November 1641
d:?
m: abt 1666 to
wife Rebecca Janse/ Jansen
b: abt1650 m: age 16
d:??

child of Rebecca and Douwe:
Hester FONDA
b: 1672
m: 1696 october 14 Albany County NY to:
Jan Jansz Van Arnem
b: 4 june 1671 in New Amsterdam NY

Hester FONDA is the sister of Jelles Adam Fonda born 1670 died 1737 Albany NY

Hester PIETERSZ was born
abt 25 may 1616 in Amsterdam Netherlands
m: 10 february 1641 in Diemen North Holland to
Jelle Douwesz FONDA

her parents were
Douwe PIETERSZ
b: abt 1578 in Koudum Friesland Netherlands
his wife was:
Marritje GERRITS
b: abt 1579 in Amsterdam Netherlands

All of this information comes from actual church and land records in the Netherlands researched by my Late Uncle John Lafayette JOHNSTON.

If you have further information I would greatly appreciate it.
A web page I found on Cyndis list under Netherlands is really good and full of history on NY and new Amsterdam when our Dutch ancestors came over.

Re: Fonda, Jelle Dowesz

Posted: 7 Feb 2010 2:12AM GMT
this was an old pst and I reposted b/c the webpage would not let me edit it properly.

Posted: 8 Feb 2010 7:15PM GMT
Thanks for re-posting this. I have not seen this before. I'm the webmaster of www.fonda.org and I manage the Fonda genealogy database. Although there is always new information, this is truly unique... namely, The parents of Hester being Douwe PIETERSZ and Marritje GERRITS... can you provide the documentation on this? I also administer the Fonda Blog and I posted a couple of updates on the Fonda Dutch Roots recently here: http://blog.fonda.org/archives/tag/holland Please contact me directly at mark @ fonda.org (remove spaces). Thanks, Mark

Posted: 8 Feb 2010 11:54PM GMT
Surnames: Fonda,Parker,Cook,Van Arnhem,Pietersz,Clark,
Mark, this information comes from my late Uncle John Lafayette Johnston. He did have all the documentation as he visited several countries/churches over a 20 year period..prior to most home computers even being available. He is a member of sons of liberty and several other organizations that required proof of our ancestry. I know in my copy of the relationship list, those 2 people are listed as my 9th great grandparents. It lists several Uncles and Aunts.. Annetjen PIETERSZ bef 1609-?
Douwe Pietersz bef 1619-? Gerrit Pietersz bfe 1612-? I can send you the list of Aunts/Uncles of what I have..with Fonda and see if they match up. I will email this to you as well as post here.

Posted: 12 Aug 2012 2:31PM GMT
Surnames: Fonda
I'm just now getting started on my Fonda line so I was happy to see this post. I'm hoping I'm on the right track. I have Geertie Gillise Fonda as being b. in Albany but I believe that's wrong, so I'm trying to get that straightened out since she emigrated with her family to America.

I've been pouring through the Fonda.org site as well as the Fonda Blog hoping something jars loose and I have everyone where they should be. So many similar names and all ... :)

As best that I can tell, my direct Fonda ancestry begins with my Perry's. I'll give the ascendancy:

Annie Pearl Perry b. 1909 Lone Wolf, OK.
d/o Len Perry b. 1885 in Kansas City
s/o William Alexander Perry b. 17 Sep 1862 in Peoria, Kansas; d. 28 Sep 1915 in OKC, OK.
s/o Katherine Latham Broadwell b. 1858 in Broadwell, Illinois

Katherine was the d/o Elsie Jordan b. 1835
d/o Henry B. Jordan b. 1810 Pickaway, OH.
s/o Elsey Van Buskirk b. 1781/83 poss. in Maryland
d/o Isaac Van Buskirk b. 15 July 1709 in Hackensack, NJ.
s/o Margrietje VanDerLinde Brickers b. 1668 in Albany, NY
d/o Jan Brickers and Geertie Gillise Fonda b. 22 Sep 1643
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions