Search for content in message boards

Daniel J. McCarthy from County Cork,Ireland.

Daniel J. McCarthy from County Cork,Ireland.

Niall McCarthy (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2000 4:00PM GMT
I am looking for any decendants of Daniel J.McCarthy somewhere in America.He was my great-grandfather's brother.I have no date of birth for Daniel.My own great grandfather died in 1936 in his 80's and I would estimate Daniel was born somewhere between 1845-1860.This is just a best estimated guess.I believe that Daniel was born in Rossmore near Clonakilty in West Cork,Ireland.Daniel's brother was Charles McCarthy(my great-grandfather).My grandfather was Charles McCarthy as well.I also believe that Daniel's father was Patrick McCarthy.(My great-great-grandfather).My great grandfather had 11 children.One of my gran-aunts was Bridget.She was more commonly known as Bridge.(I do not know if the spellings of the names are correct).I would like to emphasize this name.It may mean something to someone.She used to keep in contact with my American relations but when she died contact was lost.(She would have been Daniel's niece).If you have any information on Daniel don't hesitate to make contact.Thank you very much.
Niall McCarthy,Cork,Ireland.

patrick mccarthy

dd (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2000 6:48AM GMT
Mary McCarthy b.11/5/1892 in Wilton NH. Married Andrew Donohoe.Mary's parents:Patrick and Bridget(McCaffrey)McCarthy. and Patrick's parents were Bernard and Catherine(Doyle)McCarthy. Some of these names are ones that you have listed. If you think this is anything - I can give more info.

patrick mccarthy

Posted: 15 Jun 2000 1:51PM GMT
I do not think that there have been any McCaffreys or Doyles who have married into my branch.

Charles McCarthy, born c. 1829

catherine (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2000 9:47PM GMT
I have a Charles McCarthy, born c. 1829 (based on census records) married to Catherine Cavanaugh. Charles' first son was named Daniel (born about 1857). I am related to one of the daughters of Charles and Catherine.

Charles and Catherine emigrated to Ontario, Canada, and their children were born there. It is not known at this time whether Charles and Catherine were married in Ireland or not.

Any connections? Other known children to Charles and Catherine were Mary Alice, James, Charles, Elizabeth and Catherine.
Posted: 26 Jun 2000 9:26PM GMT
Edited: 25 Oct 2004 2:50AM GMT
My great-grandfather was Dan McCarthy (b.2/28/1848 -d. 4/1931). Various accounts indicate Dan came to North America from Co. Cork with some family members in the late 1850's-early 1860's. He married 15 yr. old Johanna Farrell in 1878 and sired my grandfather Patrick, July 13, 1879. The most I can get out of the family Bibles, and my fading memory is that there were several brothers that came over with Dan. Your mention of the name Bridget is what makes me write this. I remember my father making references to an "Aunt Bridge". I don't remember anything about her, other than the name - and that I have been unable to uncover any Bridget who lived over here. Let me know if you think this helps. Thanks.

Daniel McCarthy

Posted: 28 Jun 2000 11:02AM GMT
There is a lot of your message which does help but there are some pieces that don't match.I will have to get my father to go over this as well.I will get back to you as soon as I can.Thanks.

Daniel McCarthy

Posted: 28 Jun 2000 11:05AM GMT
There is a lot of your message which does help but there are some pieces that don't match.I will have to get my father to go over this as well.I will get back to you as soon as I can.Thanks.

Daniel McCarthy

Posted: 28 Jun 2000 11:23AM GMT
I do not think that there are any connections here but some of the names you have mentioned are common in my family.I can't be sure.I will have to show the message to my father to be sure.I will get back to you as soon as I can.Thanks.

Dan McCarthy

Posted: 29 Jun 2000 3:35PM GMT
Much of the information you gave me corresponds with mine.I am sure that in my case that Daniel was Bridget's uncle.I am just wondering if you could have made a mistake somewhere?Also I am not sure if my Daniel went to America with other relatives.
The dates you have given match mine.I hope we can clear this up.Your message has the closest so far.

Charles McCarthy

Posted: 29 Jun 2000 3:38PM GMT
Sorry I do not think that there are any connections there.Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions