Search for content in message boards

Carmack - St. Louis, MO

Carmack - St. Louis, MO

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 13 Apr 2002 5:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Carmack
Have just recently begun searching for information on my husbands side of the family. Unfortunately, not alot of folk around to ask questions to and I do not live in the St. Louis area. I have recently sent off for his fathers SS app and hope that offers some hints. Would like to know if any one has any information on the Carmacks in the St. Louis area. Father's name was Lloyd Elsworth Carmack born Sept 20, 1911. He had 2 brothers that I know of, Raymond Carmack born 1919 and William (Billy) born 1924.

TIA/Karen

Re: Carmack - St. Louis, MO

Allan Huskey (View posts)
Posted: 13 Apr 2002 6:59PM GMT
Karen, I've checked my 1969 St.Louis City Directory, none of the names listed. In the 1959 St.Louis County Directory theres a Raymond H.Carmack,plant engineer,National Gypsum,no home address given,and a Wm.J.(Dorothy),salesman,116 N.Rock Hill Rd.,Webster Groves,MO.,(west St.Louis County).Let me know if these are your people and I'll send you some info from 2002 phone book,perhaps get in touch with cousins...Al

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 13 Apr 2002 7:16PM GMT
Raymond H. is a definate possibility.....Thanks for checking. Hoping that the SS app for Lloyd will lead me to a birth certificate and the birth certificate will lead me to the rest of the family.

Posted: 27 Jan 2003 1:44AM GMT
Karen,

I am also doing research on the Carmack Family. My name is Mazie. I believe we are looking for the same Carmacks.

My father was named Lloyd who was married to my mother Celia Riser. They divorced when I was very young. Lloyd than married Willie Mae and they had around 7-8 kids. Is your husband one of their kids?

My uncle names were Billy and Raymond. Also have several aunts.

I have more information to share with you if this is the same Lloyd Carmack.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Mazie Carmack Simon

Posted: 29 May 2009 5:49AM GMT
Hi, I am writing about the william Carmack, married to Dorothy, daughter Diane (b 1948). My friends and I founded a mounted girl scout troop in 1962 or so, and Diane was a member. Her parents were heavily involved in getting the troop off the ground, finding a place for our horses, etc.
Peggy

Posted: 26 Jun 2012 5:54PM GMT
I just happened upon this by typing in my dad's name. I am the youngest of Lloyd Elsworth and Willie Mae Carmacks children. I have five brothers and two sisters, which one sister we lost in 1999 in a car accident. My dad passed away in 1979 of lung cancer. He had two brothers name Raymond and Billy, also he had five sisters. I was only 14, when my dad got sick. I remember two men coming to visit and my mom telling me that these were my dad's sons from a fist marriage. I had not known my dad was married before. Their names were Carl and Jimmy Lloyd and I know one lived in Orange TX. If this rings a bell with you, I would love to find out more of our family history.

Posted: 14 May 2013 12:58PM GMT
Lloyd is my Grandfather. he was married to my Grandmother Celia {Riser} Carmack. I also am looking for info on my family history. Carl and Jimmy are my uncles. Their families still live in Texas. I remember when he passed away..I was 19 and hadn't seen him since I was small living in Oklahoma. Contact me and we can share our history.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions