Search for content in message boards

LOOKING FOR BRUMMETT RELATIVES FROM LAMAR .MO AREA 1880'S

LOOKING FOR BRUMMETT RELATIVES FROM LAMAR .MO AREA 1880'S

Posted: 27 Nov 2001 6:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jan 2002 5:22PM GMT
DOING SOME RESEARCH IN RELATIVES FROM MO, TRYING TO SEE IF THE BRUMMETTS MAY HAVE BEEN KIN TO THE SOUTHERLANDS (URILLA ) WIFE OF WYATT EARP SOME SAY THE BRUMMETTS FOUGHT AGAINST THE EARPS AND DOC HOLIDAY A STORY FOR THE GRANDKIDS I HOPE IF I FIND TRUTH TO THIS. I KNOW I HAD A ANCESTOR BY THE NAME OF FRANK. A LOYD A WILLIAM AND A CALHOUN THE LATTER BEING SAID TO BE A FAST GUNMEN ANYONE WHO KNOWS OF THIS LEGEND PLEASE HELP
MY BEST OF INTENTION
KELLY BRUMMETT TAGABAN

Re: LOOKING FOR BRUMMETT RELATIVES FROM LAMAR .MO AREA 1880'S

doris (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2003 4:26AM GMT
the brummetts and the southerlands fffought wyett because he was the cause of urilla and the new born diying. he left them alone or thats what my sources tell me .her name was southerland. the brummetts and the southerlands chased the earps out of several towns. dont know if the brummetts and southerlands are related or just friends. probably related, i find that we are kin to just about every body .the earp name used to be spelled arp. i found a brummett married to john arp way back.wyatts grgrand father. there a book called the life and times of wyatt earp and i was told it told about the brummett and earps.i havent read it yet.
i have stories about this. wyatt is not a good innocent man.

we are also in the daniel boone records. his grand daughter was martha patsy brummett, she married a peter niccum
we have the royal family in our family,too.
do you have allen stover brummett who married a fiedler a mosely, both brings the brummetts into the royalty. i found
several connection to the royal family. theres a web named 7000 connected to the european royalty. brummetts are there
langston, sabra and ours. ill send you more later if your interested in this part.i have lots more.all this were found on the library and internet.

doristremper@aol.com

kelly (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2003 5:46PM GMT
Surnames: BRUMMETT
oh yes my dear i am so INTERESTED!!!!!!!!!! ANOTHER BRUMMETT A BRANDON LIVES THERE NOW AND WAS GOING TO GO TO THE COUNTY CLERK OFFICE AND LOOK UP THIS BATTLE . I HAVE THE BOOK AND THAT POEM I TOLD YOU ABOUT THAT GOT PUBLISHED TELLS OF WHY OUR BRUMMETT KIN FOUGHT AND URILLAS DEATH. I WROTE IT ABOUT A YEAR AGO I CAN END IT TO YOU. I HAVE LONG BEEN INTERSTED IN THE BRUMMETTS AND MY GR GR GRANDPA JOHN BRUMMETT WHO MARRIED TWICE TO A ELLA PARSLEY AND THE NTO A MARY ELLA DYAS HAS HIS OWN STORY AS WELL E-MAIL ME DIRECTLY AT TAGABAN@JUNO.COM I WILL SEND YOU MY DIRECT KIN ON A DOWNLOAD AND SEE IF YOU KNOW SOME OF THE NAMES I KNOW YOU WILL. I TIRED TO SEND IT BUT IT CAME BACK ITS WRONG E-MAIL SO I AM NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED. YES I AM PHOENIX. AND YOU ARE DOLL FOR GETTING MY MIND OFF THEHEAT AND BACK ON OUR BRUMMETT BAND WAGON SO TO SPEACK.
TELL ME ABOUT THAT MAN CALHOUN BRUMMETT WAS THERE NOT SUCH A MAN THAT WAS KILLED BY WYATT OR ONE OF HIS BROTHERS. I E-MAILED THE CLAYTON FOLKS OUT THERE IN BY YOU AND ASKED IF THEY HAD ANY RECORDS OF OUR FAMILY. THEY COULD FIND NONE. I HAVE HEARD WE RAN WITH THE DALTON GANG AS WELL A COUSIN IN OK TOLD ME ABOUT THIS.
THERE S A GAL WHO STARTED A BOOK ON US AS WELL I WROTE HER ONCE SNAIL MAIL AND SHE REPLYED WITH SOME COPIES OF WHAT SHE HAD FOUND. SHE SAID IT WAS NOT A BOOK RATHER SHE WAS JUST INTERESTED IN THE FAMILY AS THEY WERE THE FIRST TO COLONIZE IN. AND OTHER PLACES AS WELL LIKE VA . I AM IN DIRECT LINE OF JAMES BRUMMETT THE FIRST AND AGNES UNKNOWN.
I GET SO EXCITED OVER IT ALL AND GLAD TO SEE SOMEONE ELSE OUT DOES AS WELL. THE BRUMMETTS DESERVE A BOOK ALL TO THEMSELVES. OH THE GAL THAT SEND ME SOME INFO ON MY DIRECT LINE DID MENTION THAT SHE TOO HAD HEARD OF THE INDIAN IN US BUT COULD NEVER FIND PROOF BUT THAT THERE WERE SKELTONS IN THE CLOSET UMMMMM INTERESTING HUH/ ONE OF THE JAMES BRUMMETTS WAS KNOWN TO BE GOOD FRIENDS WITH THE INDIANS AND MAY HAVE AN A WIFE ON THE SIDE THAT COULD BE WHERE THE INDIAN STARTED SO MANY STORIES THAT JUST CAPTURE MY ATTENTION.
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOWS THE HEAT UP YONDER????
DOWN HERE IN THE VALLEY ITS MIGHTY HUMID
BUT MANAGING OKAY.
WRITE ME AT MY ADDRESS AT JUNO. WE CAN SWAP STORIES.
KELLY BRUMMETT TAGABAN

Posted: 8 Nov 2003 10:51PM GMT
Edited: 8 Nov 2003 11:51PM GMT
Surnames: Brummett
Hi, just read one of your old messages concerning the elusive Brummetts... I'm also researching that line. Anyway , my John Brumett in 1828, was in what is now, Johnson County, Missouri. Then moved to Henry Co, Mo. just to the south. Wife was Mary, but don't know maiden name. He died in 1852. According to the census, he was from Va. but recently saw another census saying he was b in TN. Still trying to confirm.

Please, see if we are "cousins". Interested in the Indian stories, but had not heard any about possible heritage. Sounds great. Did hear something about a fight down around Springfield, Mo. with Wyatt Earp, but haven't had the chance to delve into it yet.....

Hope this is still a working address. Please, reply. Thanks, Linda

Posted: 11 Nov 2003 11:06PM GMT
Surnames: Brummett, Langley,Keene, Kirby,Duncan
hi,
I am decended from William Blufford Brummett and Johanna U.N.K. I don't know if I am part of your Brummett's or not. My decendents are from Laurel Ky. It is belived that William B. was born Tn. and died in Ky. Like you the Brummett's facinate me. I had heard of Brummett,s fighting against Earp. It was in an old copy of Wild West magazine. My mom had a copy of the magazine when I was a kid so don't remember particulars,she has since passed away. Her dad was Blufford Anderson,his father,William Henry, his father Blufford,and then William Blufford. In your search of Brummetts if you run onto anything concerning William Blufford I would appreciate any info you might have. Also where might I get info on the fight with Wyatt Earp?
If you like you can E-mail me at tequilalela60@yahoo.com
Lee Nash
Posted: 15 Mar 2004 3:14PM GMT
Edited: 26 Sep 2005 3:35PM GMT
I was wondering about your Keene connection. I am researching a Civil War veteran named Ezra Keene who married Nancy (maiden name unknown). They had 4 daughters, one named Eliza. We don't know anything about Ezra's parents or siblings. Does he fit in your tree?

Re: Ezra Keene

Posted: 20 Mar 2004 11:37PM GMT
Edited: 6 May 2004 4:12AM GMT
I don't know of a Ezra Keene in our decendents, but that doesn't mean he's not connected. My second great-grandmother was Nancy( keene/Keen) Brummett. Her mother and father was Henry Keen & Margret(Kirby) Keen. Nancy was born in North Carolina 1827. Nancy had a brother named Issac Keen married to Mary McGowen they migrated to Laurel Co. Ky. My greatgrandparents were born there. Some of the Keens went to Saline Co. Ark. abt 1880 as did my Brummett family. Nancy could have had other siblings, most likely did they had such large families. I am tring to find info on Henry Keen's parentage if you should run across anything would really appreciate the info, sorry I could not be of more help.
Lee Nash

Posted: 15 Feb 2008 7:25PM GMT
Surnames: Brummett
I am trying to establish family lineage of Polly Brummett and Bradley Williams. They have a marriage recorded 1810 New Madrid MO.

They then migrted south to Arkansas or Arkansas because a state and other lines were drawn

Together they had several daughters, Synthia, Syrine, Polly and America.

Any corrspondenance will be appreciated

Posted: 8 May 2009 4:35PM GMT
Yes, I would be interested in the book you mentioned about the fight and Urilla's death. I have been doing research on Urilla and can't find too much on her, so this would be a big help.

Please let me know the title of the book and maybe where I could purchase it.

Thanks!

Re: LOOKING FOR BRUMMETT RELATIVES

Posted: 14 Aug 2011 1:47AM GMT
Surnames: Brummett, Houston, Goodin
I see an older posting mentioning John and Mary Brummett of Johnson Co and Henry Co Missouri. They are my G-G-Grandparents, through their daughter Susan, who married Franklin F. Houston in 1959. They are in the 1860 Henry Co. census. In 1864, they moved to Clarke Co. Iowa, near the county seat of Osceola. I've been researching the Houston's at the Clarke Co. Genealogy Collection at the Osceola public library and have made two trips to Henry Co. Missouri to study the Bummetts. I do not have any information beyond John and his wife Mary. I don't believe that I have a full list of their children and no information on their parents or siblings.

However, I just ran across this site: http://www.mocavo.com/visit?url=http%3A%2F%2Fgenforum.geneal... that said "Looking for info on Mary Polly Goodin, b. 1798 in Hardin Co., KY, married John Brummett abt 1816 in KY., Died after 1850 (listed in the 1850 Henry Co., MO census). Her father was Alexander Goodin (1762-1832) and her mother was Jane Hardin (1764-1832)."

Any help with the Brummett's or Goodin's would be appreciated.

Linda Griffith Smith
Daughter of Mary Houston Griffith
Daughter of Harry Thorton Houston
Son of Susan Brummett Houston
Daughter of John and Mary Brummett, Henry/Johnson Co. Missouri
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions