Search for content in message boards

Jessie Symko (Maksymovich or Sorowski)

Jessie Symko (Maksymovich or Sorowski)

Posted: 5 Oct 2012 9:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Oct 2012 9:28PM GMT
Surnames: Symko, Maksymovich, Sorowski
I am looking for any information I can find on my Great Grandmother, Jessie. I believer her maiden name was Maksymovich (sp?) and she was married to a Symko and then to my Great grandfather Fred Sorowski. I believe her family settled in Vita Manitoba

Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you

Re: Jessie Symko (Maksymovich or Sorowski)

Posted: 6 Oct 2012 5:16PM GMT
Surnames: SOROWSKI, MAKSYMOVICH, SYMKO
Hi, What time frame are you researching ?
What research have you already done?

Do you know If,When?Where? your Ggrandmother Jessie MAKSYMOVICH [sp] passed away?
Registration of Death /Long form Death Certificate should show her maiden name - place of birth, names of parents including maiden name [ all depends on knowledge of the informant ]

Marriage Registration:
The Marriage of your Ggrandmother Jessie to your Ggrandfather Fred SOROWSKI - will be the more accurate - since information comes from the bride and groom
Will show place of birth - date of birth - names of both sets of parents including maiden name of the mothers.

Obituaries for your GGrandmother and her husbands MAKSYMOVICH , SYMKO, Fred SOROWSKI may show names and locations of other family members.

Perhaps family submitted family history/stories to a local history book project for the area where they lived.

Depending on the time family were in Canada
Census for 1901,1906,1911,1916 - may show all family members.
Cheers, Stella

Posted: 6 Oct 2012 6:27PM GMT
Hi

I don't have any real information for you but I believe the spelling of Jessie's maiden name is Maxymowich. One of my daughter's friends is a Maxymowich from Dominion City, MB (this is about 30 minutes west of Vita, MB) Her friend's dad is named Ken Maxymowich and I know that they do have family east of Dominion City.

Posted: 9 Oct 2012 2:09AM GMT
Thank you for the info.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic