Search for content in message boards

NORTH BATTLEFORD CEMETERY/RCAF

NORTH BATTLEFORD CEMETERY/RCAF

Posted: 13 Aug 2005 10:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cassidy
My great uncle was killed during a flying mission in December 1944. Some years ago my mother visited his grave, the first of his family from Australia to do so. When she got there there were fresh flowers on his grave, no other grave in the cemetery had flowers. He was 19 when killed but she thought there may have been a child born to him. This is just a guess on her part, but the flowers are a mystery. Can anyone help with suggestions. His details are below.

Name: CASSIDY, MAXWELL HAROLD
Nationality: Australian
Number: 431689
Service: RAAF
Unit: 13 Service Flg Trg School RCAF
Regiment: Royal Australian Air Force
Date of Death: 04/12/1944
Cause of Death: Accidental
Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead
Grave/Memorial Reference: Plan M. Block 11. Grave 2.
Cemetery: NORTH BATTLEFORD CEMETERY

Thanks, Janet

Re:Cassidy, Maxwell, RAAF buried in NORTH BATTLEFORD CEMETERY/RCAF

Posted: 12 Jan 2006 9:58PM GMT
Edited: 6 Nov 2006 6:12AM GMT
Surnames: Cassidy, RAAF
I see your great Uncle listed in our Sask. Remembers its War Dead book. There isn't any other info ,but it's possible he made good friends here that would honor his memory with flowers. You might try reposting, using his name on the heading. Many people don't open anything that they don't relate to.

Re: NORTH BATTLEFORD CEMETERY/RCAF

Posted: 24 Sep 2012 3:34AM GMT
My mother was engaged to Max when he was killed. There was no child. I was born in 1951 after my mother married my father in 1948. She is still living and would love to hear from you. Please email me if you see this post.

Posted: 24 Sep 2012 4:02AM GMT
Hi Elinor, Maxwell Cassidy is listed in the Sask. virtual War Memorial site. If your Mom had a photo or wanted to contribute a bit about him they would appreciate it. http://www.svwm.ca/home.htm Just click on "Quick Search" and put in his sur-name, the click on his name when it shows up. Butch

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 7:37PM GMT
Hi, I sent 4 photos of Maxwell Cassidy's funeral. Please let me know if they were received. Also, I sent a message to Janet, who wanted info about his grave . . . but it is so old now that I'm not sure if she will check back. Is there any other way to contact this person? Also, who are you and what is your involvement? Thanks, Elinor
per page

Find a board about a specific topic