Search for content in message boards

Lamar & Fayette Co. Surnames, Fowler, Hankins, Otts, Smith, Garrison, Brown

Lamar & Fayette Co. Surnames, Fowler, Hankins, Otts, Smith, Garrison, Brown

Posted: 9 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Jun 2002 4:29AM GMT
Surnames: Fowler, Hankins, Otts, Smith, Garrison, Brown, Shehorn, Poole, Warren, Calkins
Researching the following families:
Daniel Fowler and Malissa Otts
Daniel Fowler (son of above) and Rhoda Brown
William John Otts and Jane Shehorn
Calvin Paul Garrison and Maiden Ann Poole
Stephen Hankins and Cassie Warren
Hamilton Smith and Malinda E. Hankins (daughter of stephen)

Specifically looking for the parents of the following:
Daniel F. Fowler b. 1824 in NC d. Mar 1897 in Lamar Co., AL
(this is the Daniel married to Malissa Otts)
Rhoda Brown b. Jan 1865 d. May 1938 Seminole, OK
(trying to establish her connection to Laborn/Labon/Laban Brown)
Jane Shehorn b. 1822 SC m. William John Otts (have heard she was Indian, possibly Cherokee)
Hamilton Smith b. abt 1808 SC m. Malinda Hankins

I have downloaded my gedcom to worldconnect. The URL is:
worldconnect.rootsweb.com/~debicalkins1
I am also interested in any "stories" anyone might have on these families.

Thanks! Debi Fowler Calkins

Mary Francis "Fannie" Garrison m. James "Jim" Bozeman

Kimberly Bozeman-Ash (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2001 4:13AM GMT
Surnames: Garrison, Bozeman, Shaw, Ash

Am looking for information on my Garrison's. My great-grandmother was Mary Francis "Fannie" Garrison b. 12-24-1888 - m. James "Jim" Bozeman.

Her Parents were James Robert "Bud" Garrison b. 11-19-1868 - m. Nancy Shaw b. 11-21-1861.

Thanks.

Kim Bozeman-Ash
Moline, IL

Jedediah Garrison & Elizabeth Bradley as Calvin P. Garrison's parents

Kimberly Bozeman-Ash (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Aug 2001 5:02PM GMT
Surnames: Garrison, Bradley, Morgan, Williams, Gerrison, Bartlesson, Bozeman, Ash

In my family records, I have Jedediah Garrison (b. about 1805) and Elizbeth Bradley (b. about 1813) as Calvin P. Garrison's parents. Thomas Garrison (b. 1/18/1780) and Nancy Morgan (b. 1780) were Jedediah's parents.

Thomas Garrison's parents were Jedediah Garrison (b. 1748/50, died 1829) and Jane Williams (b. about 1757).

Jedidiah's parents were Christopher Garrison (b. 5/23/1721) & ????

Christopher's parents were C. Gerrison (yes, this is the spelling I have) & C. Bartlesson (sometime around end of 1600's).

Hope this is of some help.

Good hearing from you, cousin!

Kim Bozeman-Ash

James Robert Garrison was son of Calvin Paul & Maiden Ann Poole Garrison

Posted: 7 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jun 2002 4:29AM GMT
Surnames: Garrison, Poole
James Robert Garrison was a son of Calvin Paul Garrison and Maiden Ann Poole. There is some questions concerning Calvin's father, whether he was Thomas W. Garrison, or Jedediah Garrison.

Calvin P. and Maiden Ann are my gg grandparents

Dorothy Bumbaugh (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2001 8:33PM GMT
Edited: 30 Sep 2001 3:30PM GMT
Surnames: Garrison, Osborn, Howton, Christain
Calvin P. and Maiden Ann are my gg grandparents. I have to agree with you about Jedediah being Calvin's father. I have been to Franklin county and other counties close by and can't find a thing that could document that this is true. It just seems to me that Thomas was just too old to be his father. I know there are those that swear to this.... Lucy Garrison, their daughter married Joe Osborn and he died young and then she married Jim Howton. Lucy and Joe's daughter Verla is my grandmother. She married Jesse Christian.

Re: Lamar & Fayette Co. Surnames, Fowler, Hankins, Otts, Smith, Garrison, Brown

Posted: 27 May 2002 8:45PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2002 1:14PM GMT
Surnames: Hankins-Stephen Hankins/Cassie Warren
hi Debi, My name is cathy hankins whitlock,stephen hankins and cassie warren were my ggggggrandparents so it seams .I'm new to this and I guess you could say stumbling thru here,charles isom hankins and sythie ann woods were my gggrandparents.My ggggrandfather died at a young age my dad didnt really remember much about him but he was raised by sythie ann from the age of 3yrs.My grandfather was one of their eight children,Charlie bert Hankins.If you can help with some of this it would be great! thanks,Cathy Hankins Whitlock

Re: James Robert Garrison was son of Calvin Paul & Maiden Ann Poole Garrison

Posted: 11 Dec 2002 10:52AM GMT
James Robert Garrison married for a second time, Mealie Abagail Markham Benton

Re: Calvin P. and Maiden Ann are my gg grandparents

Posted: 30 Jan 2003 5:02PM GMT
Edited: 3 Feb 2003 10:14PM GMT
Dorothy you are right about people swearing it was Thomas. I was one of those that did. I posted losts of wrong information but now I have it straight. It is for sure Jedediah. But, from what the researcher say there is not a Christopher in our line other than Jedediah, Sr. I believe this. It has been proven. Dorothy email me sometimes. I would like to hear from your Mother. Its been many years....Bev Garrison

Posted: 5 Mar 2006 6:05AM GMT
Surnames: calvin paul and james bud robert garrison
hi i am the ggg son of calvin paul garrison i have pitures of calvin and also have pitures on james robert [bud] garrison and all of his kids.and some of there kids,i also have dates,bud was my great grand dad.i would sare my inf for any kin looking,my dad was raised my [bud] due to his mom dieding after he was 19 days old her name was joise ann atkinson garrison.i have been working on my piture book for a while

Posted: 6 Mar 2006 8:56PM GMT
Edited: 4 Sep 2006 6:35PM GMT
Surnames: Garrison/Nolen
Hello! Glad to meet you! Joel Thomas Garrisson son of Calvin and Maiden Pool/Garrison, was married to Jodie Nolen in Lamar county, Ala.. She died in 1904. They had a son named Oliver Paul Garrison born in 1902. He married her sister, Ada Nolen in 12- 1904.I do not have listed another son for Calvin and Maiden Pool/Garrison. Would love to know about James Robert Garrison. Fill me in! I am familar with the Garrison's in Lamar county,Al.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic