Search for content in message boards

Rebecca Hill's father

Rebecca Hill's father

Ronald K. Culbertson (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hill, Mitchell
On Jan 14, 1833 Rebecca Hill married Frederic (Jim) Mitchell
in Prince Edward County, VA. Being of legal age, her father's permission was not required. I am trying to identify Rebecca's father, who may have been the son of Thomas and Fannie Baptist Hill. Oral family history says Rebecca's uncle was Gen. A.P. Hill, CSA. Very Old family correspondence from Appomattox Court House, VA seems to confirm this. There was an older A.P. Hill, for whom the Gen'l. was named. Wish to clarify which man was the uncle.

Re: Rebecca Hill's father

Lori (View posts)
Posted: 15 Dec 2001 2:47AM GMT
Rebecca Hill and Frederick Mitchell are my 3g grandparents. I have Rebecca's parents listed as James Hill and Lucy Matthews. I recieved this information on a Family Group Sheet that I ordered from Yates Publishing Co. It only has James and Lucy's names no other info for them is listed. Hope this helps you out. If you need any other info about the Mitchell's maybe I can help. Or maybe you have info I could use. Good Luck!

Ronald K. Culbertson (View posts)
Posted: 15 Dec 2001 7:28PM GMT
Surnames: Hill, Mitchell,Crow,Culbertson,Laird
Thanks, Lori. Rebecca Hill and Frederick Mitchell are my 3g grandparents. I have limited but accurate information about the Mitchells and will be pleased to share it with you. I Am seeking provenance of relationship with Ambrose Powell Hill line. E-mailing you direct with more detailed reply.

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 8:42PM GMT
Surnames: Hill, Matthews
Hello Lori. Ronald K. Culbertson (with whom you have communicated regarding Rebecca Hill's father and mother, James Hill and Lucy Matthews. Ron is my "Uncle Ron." Ron and I have been working on this matter for quite some time. Have you any further information regarding the parents of James Hill? We have tried connecting James Hill to Ambrose Powell Hill lineage. Rebecca is my 4g grandparent.

Thank you for your time!
Barbara Mendence
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions