Search for content in message boards

Devillers

Devillers

Posted: 1 Oct 2001 6:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am interested in any information on Rosalie Devillers, born 19 Feb 1835 in Eghezee County, Belgium - died 16 Jun 1898 in Fond du Lac, WI. I believe she may be related to Charles Devillers and could possibly be the daughter of Jean Joseph Devillers. She is my great grandmother. She was married to Constant Lumblot around 1855 to 1862, when their first child was born. They lived in Fond du Lac their whole married life. I have much information on the Devillers families in Door and Kewaunee counties, but I cannot find any reference to Rosalie. Because of several spelling differences, my search has been difficult.

Thank You

Tom

Re: Devillers

Posted: 4 Mar 2002 8:28PM GMT
Edited: 17 Nov 2002 5:46PM GMT
My GGGrandma was Adele DeVillers. She was married to a Vandertie and had 8 children after his death she married Xavier F. Rouer and had 3 girls. She lived in and around Brussels/Luxemberg area. Ihope you can help me learn more.

Posted: 17 Apr 2002 2:14AM GMT
Betsy, I may have some information for you. If your Joseph Plutz was born in 1971, he had a twin Mary as well as sister Elizabeth, brothers John, Anton, Mathias, and Pether. Their father, John Plutz was born around 1837 and was a miner, I believe. The two oldest children were born in Blottnitz, where John came from. I believe the family came over on the ship Hansa on July 6th, 1868. Margaretha Plutz accompanied them. My great-grandfather was Joseph Plutz, born in 1841 and married Barbara Seidl in 1872. They also had a son Joseph, but I don't believe he was ever married. All lived around Dundas, Wisconsin, or New Holstein, Wisconsin. Any relationship?

Joseph Plutz

Posted: 18 Apr 2002 2:56PM GMT
Edited: 17 Nov 2002 5:46PM GMT
I don't have any dates for my Great Grandpa's brothers & sisters; however, their births would be sometime between 1870 to 1890 as GGp was born 4-7-1876 in the Brussels, WI area. GGp owned a farm near Kolberg, Brussels Township.

I do know that my Great Aunt Katherine "Kate" married Joe Plutz and had four children: Peter, Andrew, Mary, & Simon.

My Grandma told me that only Andrew was married to a girl from Chicago, IL.

I have found on other searches that Mary died in 1963 & Simon died in 1977 and is buried in Maplewood. I believe both are Kate's children. I plan to confirm this information this summer when go to Algoma to check newspaper obits.

I'm not sure of a family connection, but I'm hopeful that I can find more information on GGp's side of the family. I've found more on GGm's side and I will continue to search.

Posted: 18 Jul 2002 12:46PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jun 2004 9:11AM GMT
Surnames: DeVillers - Delveux - Naniot
Hi Tom,
I don't know if there is a connection or not, but Jean Joseph DeVillers (Devillez) - Born Aug. 31, 1793 - Married Marie Dieudonnee Delveux (Delvaux) - Born Sept. 8, 1799 - is my line. They had a son name Charles Joseph - Born Jan. 19, 1832 who married Desiree Naniot. I do not have any other siblings listed for Jean Joseph and Marie Dieudonnee. Is there a connection...Cathy

Posted: 20 Jul 2002 12:11AM GMT
Hi Cathy,
We do seem to have a common connection. If you email me directly, I will send you what I have. I still have a nagging question regarding the relationship with my Rosalie Devillers and Charles Devillers. It concerns the ship register that states that Charles (24) is child and, directly below, Rosalie Naniot (22) as wife. I still believe that they were brother and sister because Desiree Naniot (23) is further down on the list.
Anyway, contact me and maybe if we put are heads together, we can come to some commons answers.
PS I have been able to view some tapes from the FHC and have found birth, death, and marriage certificates but have not had the time to translate them all.

Regards,
Tom
tlumblo@chater.net

Posted: 15 Dec 2002 11:52AM GMT
Surnames: Devillers
This is all I have on Adele. I cannot guarantee absolute accuracy, but it may point you in a direction you haven't gone before. I do not know her relationship to my Devillers, although I am sure there is a common ancester.

================================================================================
Individual Report
================================================================================
Name: Adele DeVillers
Sex: F
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Individual Information
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Birth: 1853 - Belgium
Christening:
Death: 1930
Burial: in St. Michaels Catholic Cemetery, Misiere, Door, Wisconsin
Cause of Death:
Spouses and Children
1. *Francois Xavier "Frank" Rouer (Dec 1869 - )
Marriage:
Children:
1. Mary V. Rouer (9 Feb 1895 - 22 Nov 1989)
2. Ida Rouer (30 Oct 1896 - 22 Nov 1980)
3. Louise Hortense Rouer (31 May 1899 - 7 May 1997)
2. Charles Vangindertaelen (Abt 1852 - )
Marriage:
Children:
1. Charles Vandertie ( - )
2. Edward Vandertie (1872 - 12 Feb 1941)
3. Jules Vandertie (Dec 1880 - )
4. William Vandertie (Apr 1883 - )
5. John Vandertie (18 Mar 1884 - 3 Oct 1963)
6. Hortense Vandertie (20 Sep 1886 - 29 Jun 1967)
Posted: 31 Aug 2004 12:36PM GMT
Surnames: Plutz Heid
I am looking for an Elisabeth Plutz who married John Heid in 1876 in the Town of Holland, Brown Co.
I do not have any additional Plutz family information. I know that there are Plutz's buried in St. Francis parish cemetery in Holland.
I do'nt know where the couple lived after marriage.
Please help.

Re: Plutz

Posted: 8 Sep 2004 12:00AM GMT
Elizabeth Plutz, I believe, was the daughter of John Plutz and Barbara Faber. John's occupation was listed as a miner. They came on the shp Hansa, arriving July 6th, 1868. Margaretha Plutz accompanied them. Elizabeth was born in Blottnitz, Germany. Her brothers were John, Anton, twins Joseph and Mary, Mathias, and Peher. John's brother Joseph was my great grandfather. Does this offer any new information? I would be interested in knowing what other information you have.

Paula

Re: Plutz

Jessica Domnick (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2004 11:12AM GMT
Surnames: Plutz Heid
Where did this family take up residence?
Elisaeth Plutz was married to John Peter Heid at St. Francis church, Hollandtown Wisconsin. Her maid of honor at the wedding was a Josephine Plutz.
She is buried at St. Edwards cemetery, Mackville Wisconsin.
Does this fit with the information that you have on your relatives?

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions