Search for content in message boards

James A. Dearing b. 1872; VA

James A. Dearing b. 1872; VA

Posted: 4 Mar 2001 1:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 May 2006 12:07PM GMT
Surnames: Dearing
Hello, Michael
I was born in Gettysburg, Pa. My father name is Frank W. Dearing born in Va. My grandfather was James A. Dearing, born in 1872, Rappahannock co, Wakefield Twp. who married a Mettie Clark. He had brothers named John,Martin,William. My grandfather taught school before moving to Pa and lived in the Philadelphia and Cornwall Pa, near Lebanon Pa.

Re: James A. Dearing

Derick (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2001 9:17PM GMT
Edited: 2 May 2006 12:07PM GMT
Hi Joseph - I'm Derick Dearing. Would like to hear more info on your line. Please e-mail me at dddwg@aol.com. Thank you!

James A. Dearing

Derick (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2001 6:49PM GMT
Edited: 2 May 2006 12:08PM GMT
Surnames: Dearing, Toggans
Hello, Derick
Can give you a little more info: My grandfather had children named, Cora,
Frank, Ruth, Ada. They lived in the area of Washington Va before moving north. Some other Dearings that move to the are was and Uncle/cousin (not sure, I have very little verbal history) a cousin Mildred who married a Shirley Toggans. I belive the children of John, at least one, is named Donald and there is a Donald Jr. I belive Donald Sr move from Harrisburg Pa to the Washington D.
C. area. My e-mail is Mapu1@aol.com

Re: James A. Dearing b. 1872; VA

Posted: 2 Sep 2010 2:22AM GMT
Surnames: CLARK(E), Dearing
Hello ~ I just discovered on Family Search that Mattie Maud CLARK(E) from Rappahannock married James Dearing. Their detailed Marriage Records are on line now. Mattie "Martha" was born in 1876 according to one census record, She had a sister named Matilda and they were very close in age.

Thomas and Catherine CLARK were my g g grandparents and they were her were her parents!
I can't seem to find them in 1910, were they in PA like may in the family?

Re: James A. Dearing

Posted: 2 Sep 2010 2:28AM GMT
Surnames: Dearing, Clark
I am thrilled to find out that I am tied to the Dearing family! As I mentioned to another poster, Mattie Maud Clark was one of the 14 children of my g g grandparents, Thomas and Catherine(THOMPSON) CLARK from Rappahannock.

Does that make us distant cousins?
LOL
Stay in touch.
gclark in Los Angeles

Posted: 5 Mar 2013 9:06AM GMT
Hello, I think I have been researching your family. I believe Frank has an uncle Martin as well. Martin's parents were Isabelle Jordan and John Dearing. I cannot go past them. Martin raised nephews Clarence, Ulysses and Robert.
I have started a public tree called Dearings of Rappahannock. or Rappahannock Dearings. One of the two. Please check it out.
Thanks so much,

Posted: 5 Mar 2013 9:10AM GMT
Surnames: Dearing, Lynch
There is going to be a Families of Avoca Gathering July 6, 2013 at the Avoca Museum in Altavista. Most of the slaves took the names Dearing and Lynch, although there was one Walker slave on the plantation. He married a Dearing.
the Rappahannock Dearing slaves were connected to the Otterbourne and Avoca slaves. The Brownings, Montegues and Fauntleroy's moved their slaves back and forth to prevent the union army from taking them or anything else happening to them so the slaves from both plantations intermingled.
Please come to the gathering if you possibly can. contact me for more information or Frank Murray the director of Avoca.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions