Search for content in message boards

Israel Israel

Israel Israel

Posted: 18 Jul 2001 5:27AM GMT
Edited: 1 Oct 2005 5:41AM GMT
Surnames: Israel
I am looking for any information On Israel Israel. I think he is my great-great-great grandfather. I know he was a member of the Masonic lodge in the Pennsylvania area. Any information would be great.

Re: Israel Israel

Posted: 25 Oct 2001 10:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 May 2003 2:39AM GMT
Dear Ms. Ballentine,
I am very interested in finding a male descendent of Israel Israel with the Israel surname. There is an ongoing project to do Y chromosome analysis and prove the lineage.
Posted: 15 Jan 2008 1:56PM GMT
Surnames: ISRAEL
I am a direct decendent of Moses Israel born 1765 London UK

His son was Israel Israel born in 1786 Aldgate East London

He was my great,great, great Grandfather

We are Sephardi Jews with connections to families JOEL, MENDOZA,JONAS,JOSEPH, EMANUEL, NATHAN, PROOPS, DAVIS, BENJAMIN, SIMONS, BARNET, HUR, MORDECHAI

Posted: 19 Jul 2008 3:21PM GMT
Hi,
I know this is a long shot but I am looking for Benjamin & Buckner ISRAEL. According to family history they migrated to America the early 1800s from Wales. Brothers Amos and Mose remained in Wales. Benjamin's wife, of one day, Polly accompanied him.

We recently received the results of our Y-DNA Test Kit # 121858 on Family Tree DNA

https://www.familytreedna.com/public/israel&fixed_column...

Thanks
Bruce Barrett
Heath, Ohio
brucepbarrett@roadrunner.com

Posted: 14 Aug 2008 12:20AM GMT
Dear Bruce,
What an unexpected treat to hear from you. I do not believe that Israel Israel is related to your Benjamin and Buckner Israel family. I do know quite a bit about both lines. I have 6 or 8 Israels who have had their Y chromosome DNA tested. I shall compare what you sent with what I have.
J. Robert Israel
65 Spring Hollow Lane
Fairview, NC 28730

Posted: 14 Aug 2008 2:15AM GMT
Surnames: Israel
Dear Robert,
My great grandfather Joshua Israel was the nephew of Israel Israel. Joshua married Esther Martin and they had 7 children one of which was my great-grandmother Hannah. She married my great-grandfather John Dungan. They had 6 children. My grandmother Anna Matilda ,the eldest, later married my grandfather John Sentman Sr. My father John Sentman Jr married my mother Roberta in 1954. They had five children one male four female's. I am the mother of three son's that could be tested. If we would be candidate's for this testing please let me know. Thank you for all of your time and God bless you!
Elizabeth Balentine

Posted: 14 Aug 2008 2:39AM GMT
Dear Elizabeth,
Please tell me where your Israel Israel lived. I suspect that he is not the one that I know about in Philadelphia, PA.
The Y-chromosome passes unchanged from father to son to grandson, etc. It is most useful for testing whether two males with the same surname are related. Since there have been females between your sons and Israel Israel, we could not establish a connection in this way.
Rob Israel

Posted: 10 Jun 2009 3:39PM GMT
Hi

I am trying to trace an Israel Israel who was in London at the turn of the C19. He had a son John Isaac Israel b1823. Do you know of any link?

Posted: 23 Jun 2009 3:14PM GMT
Sorry to be so long replying. I have been away and am going out of town later this week. I have lost track of the London lines after 1699, but am aware that there were male Israels in my line before that. Is your line Christian or Jewish? I would love to hear from you.
Rob Israel
Jrobertisrael@ao..com

65 Spring Hollow Lane
Fairview, NC 28730

Posted: 23 Jun 2009 3:22PM GMT
I think they were jewish - Israel Israel's son John Issac Israel married in Liverpool and some of his children married in a synagogue - but not all. All I have on the marriage certificate of John Issac Israel is that his father was Israel Israel and he was a general dealer. John Issac says on the marriage certificate that he was born in Newington which at the time (1823) was in Surrey. I cant find any trace of Israel Israel in any of the records of the Great Synagogue or the Bevis Marks records so I am a bit stuck for now.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic