Search for content in message boards

Morrows in North Carolina

Morrows in North Carolina

Posted: 18 May 2000 2:43PM GMT
Edited: 12 Dec 2003 7:41PM GMT
I am looking for information on Finley Harper Morrow, who I believe lived in either Burke, Catawba or possibly Guilford County, NC. His father's name was Sylvandus Morrow. Finley's son was my uncle, Charles Morrow. Please feel free to email me directly at beachm@ncccs.cc.nc.us Any information is greatly appreciated.

Morrows in N.C.

Pat (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2000 4:26PM GMT
Peggy my Morrows came from N.C. but i havent heard of yours, My great grand and grand Father was from N.C. af far as i know, but cant get any thing on them James Morrow and James Morrow was called Jim, my grand father died 1910-12 in Morgan County Al. he married Mary Elizabeth Elders. she was his last wife He was supose to have ben married 2 or 3 times. my father was Wilbert John Morrow he was born 1900 died in 1986 in Morgan County AL. I have a book with a lot of Morrows when i get some time i'll see if yours are in there cause it covers N.and S.Carolina. thanks Pat email jerryfouts@mindspring.com

Morrows in NC

James Kevin Morrow (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2000 3:47PM GMT
I have not heard of your Morrow. My grandfather was Edgar William Morrow 1903-1990 from Haywood County. His father's name was William Creighton Morrow. There is a publication available that you may not be aware of that might help you, although it chronicles the family tree of the Morrow and Queen families of Haywood County. The book is called "Betwixt and Between: The Morrows and the Queens." It is listed through the Library of Congress, and it is available at the Haywood County Public Library in Waynesville if you are ever up this way. Good luck on your search.

?????

Jimmy D Morrow (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jun 2000 5:04PM GMT
I am a decandant of the Robert Earl Morrow clan as you may call it . Originally from SC and Settled in northern part of Mississippi near Tupelo and Pontotoc. Would really be interested in anyone that has any info ... Thanks to all .... A very loving group Thanks

Re: Morrows in North Carolina

Posted: 25 Jun 2001 6:42PM GMT
My Morrows are from Casswell Co. NC. This might be some of the same family since it is such a close area. The family left NC and moved to Ga.

Re: Morrows in N.C./S.C.

Posted: 9 Aug 2001 5:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Dec 2001 5:37PM GMT
Surnames: morrow
I have a great grandfather named James L.(Jim) Morrow, died in 1960, in I believe Chesterfield, SC. Wife was Mary Jane Kirby Morrow. Children: Stonewall Jackson , Charles, Avery , Henry, James Gordon, Mollie(married Ivey Kincaid), Cordia(married JK Rader), May Lou(married Charles Martinat). Do you have any information on these? Birth dates, death dates, on James Morrow, and who his parents were?

Morrows of Haywood County, NC

Posted: 28 Oct 2001 6:39PM GMT
Edited: 13 May 2002 3:26PM GMT
Surnames: Morrow, Jones, Sorrells, Dyer, Mitchell
Am researching the Morrow family of Haywood Coounty, NC for a book on that family, Am descended twice from Robert and Sarah Vinson/Vincent Morrow of Haywood; once through daughter Jane Morrow who married William Sorrells, and once through daughachariah P, Jones.

Any new information provided will be given full credit to the contributor. Will share info.

Marshall Styles

Re: Morrows of Haywood County, NC

Donna Bishop- England (View posts)
Posted: 29 Oct 2001 11:40PM GMT
Surnames: England, Denison, Hendrix, Greene, Morrow, Franklin, Owens, Pate, Ogle, Helton, Huskey etc.
Marshall,

Sorry I don't have much to offer , mut very interestedin what you have -

Sarah Morrows b 1780 NC
Daughter Maryann Morrows b 1817 NC
Maryann married an unknown Green
Children of that union are
Hannah Green b abt 1836 married William Hendrix in 1856 in Jackson Co. They raised a family in Sevier Co., TN
John Green b 1839 NC
Elizabeth Green b 1843 NC
Robert Green b 1846 NC
James Green b 1848 NC
Caroline Green b 1850 NC

Like I said this doesn't help you much with your book -however wanted to share in case you could use something.

Keep in touch interested in the Morrow line -

england5@earthlink.net

Donna

Re: Morrows of Haywood County, NC

Posted: 30 Oct 2001 12:21AM GMT
Edited: 13 May 2002 3:26PM GMT
Surnames: Morrow, Sorrells, Jones, Mitchell, Dyer
Are you related to this line of Morrows?
Mary Ann Morrow was daughter of Robert Morrow and Sarah Vincent or Vinson, of Haywood County. Mary Ann married James Green, parents unknown, 6 jan 1834 in Haywood County. The children I have listed are the same as those you list. But I have no additional information. Can you fill in any blanks on the spouses of the children of James and Mary Ann?

Re: Morrows in N.C.

Gayle Morrow Verbeek (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2002 5:55PM GMT
Surnames: morrow, kincaid, martinat, radar
I am looking for a James Logan Morrow married to Mary Jane Kirby. James died 1960 in NC. Their home was in Chesterfield, NC, Burke Co./Caldwell Co.(?) A daughter (Mollie) married into the Kincaids. Any information in your book?
Thank you, Gayle
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions