Search for content in message boards

Ancestors

Ancestors

Posted: 20 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Aug 2001 1:36AM GMT
Surnames: End, Scholl, Thies
These are the ancestors I'm looking for.Emigrated from Germany in the 1800-1889 time period.End in particular came from Baden-Kittenburg on or about 1876

great-great-great-grandfather from Germany

Nedra Scheer Westwater (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Thies, Hellus, von Zoerner, Bibbs, Scheer
Trying to trace my German ancestors: great-great-great-grandfather Georg Heinrich Thies married Eleonora Hellus of Hannover. Their son Georg Heinrich Thies born 24 March 1815 Sheboygan, Wisconsin, married Wilhelmine von Zoerner of Saxony (brothers Henry, Ernest, Gottlieb). Their daughter, Minna Thies, married Hans Scheer (b. Rendsburg, Schleswig Holstein--still Danish) in Sheboygan (?). My grandfather, George Henry Scheer, was one of their two children. He married Emma Marion Bibbs of Madison, Wisconsin. If anyone can help me trace the German side of my family--writers, agronomists, etc.--I would be grateful. Also interested in how related to Admiral Reinhardt Scheer (WWI, Baltic FLeet commander). Many thanks!

Related to Admiral Scheer of WWI

Posted: 18 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 1:30PM GMT
Surnames: SCHEER, DE WITT, LANG, BACKUS, SHRODE, FECHER, WEITZ
I am also researching my Scheer ancestors. It is said that we are related to Admiral Reinhard Scheer. My great grandfather Peter Joseph Scheer stowed away on a ship to the US in the 1870's. He was avoiding the draft ...he came from a very military family. He had a brother Frank and possibly a sister Elizabeth. I believe his parents to be Joseph Scheer and Elizabeth Weitz. They may have been from Zell (Mosel), Prussia at the time but Germany now. Can you make any connections?
Mary Beth

family tree of Gottlieb schill

Posted: 19 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Dec 2003 2:10AM GMT
Surnames: Schill
My gr grandfather was Gottlieb schill. He came to U.S.A on May 15,1863 on the ship E.F. Gabain He was 14. Other Schills on the voyage were Jhann 56,Mia 58,Lambert 29, Wilhelm 32, and Verberonia 6. They may have been one family. On Gottlieb's marriage certificate it says his dad was John and His mother was Mary. His Obit. says he came to U.S.A. with his parents.
He appears to have come to Walkerton ,Ontario alone. He and his wife and children moved to Cavalier County N.D. In 1884.
If anyone has the above names in their family background please write me.

Re: Related to Admiral Scheer of WWI

Amanda (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2001 3:28AM GMT
Hey Im related to admiral Scheer to wow this is kinda kewl.
=0) Im in California where are you???

Nedra Westwater (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2001 2:01PM GMT
Apologies, Mary: have just seen your message. My husband's seriously ill; research is at a standstill. Would need to see an extended family tree to know how Hans Heinrich from Schleswig Holstein is related to Admiral Scheer. His son, George Henry Scheer,MD, (his daughter Gerta died in her teens), had two sons: George Jr and John. Both John and his son are dead. My brother, his children and grandchildren and I (plus my son) are the only direct descendants of Hans. Born in Dayton, Ohio, I now live in Santa Fe but spent many, many years abroad, during which time family papers appear to have been lost. Let's keep in touch. Nedra

Posted: 15 Nov 2001 7:14PM GMT
Edited: 1 Apr 2005 4:47PM GMT
Hi Nedra,

I understand how research is on hold with your husband so ill. I hope we can keep in touch though.

I grew up in Cleveland, Ohio and lived in Dayton for fourteen years....small world..huh? We now live in Texas just north of Dallas. It has been family rumor that we're related to Admiral Scheer. My ggrandfather was Peter Scheer and he came to the US around the 1870's possibly from Zell, Germany on the Mosel River. We found the info on his older brother's death cert. and it was signed by an Elizabeth Scheer ( we thought she might be a sister since she knew so much infomation but we don't know). I have our family tree on Rootsweb.com . Type in Peter Scheer and look under World Connect. He's the one whose parents are Josef and Elizabeth. It also comes up on Ancestry.com.. In our research we have found a couple of people buried in the large family plot in Cleveland. One was a Mathius Scheer...does the name mean anything...I'm thinking he may be an uncle. What we know is that Peter stowed away on a ship to this country to avoid the draft. He supposedly came from a very military family. I would certainly enjoy hearing about your family when you have time.
Mary Beth Daugherty
MBDaugh@aol.com

Posted: 28 Feb 2009 11:56AM GMT
Surnames: Scheer/Kneier
Hello,
New to this search and find our trees overlap...Grandfather Frank Kneier married Grandmother Mary Scheer and had 5 children, Frank, Colletta, Albert, Theodore, and Victor (my Father)
Since my Father was the baby and his Mom died when he was nine, I know very little about the family and only what is on the lineage tree at Ancestry site about Scheer family.
Our tree is on Ancestry and my name is Jessie (formerly Kathy Kneier)

Posted: 1 Mar 2009 2:29PM GMT
Hi Jessie,

You can email my personal email at mbdaugh@aol.com and I could share additioanl information and photos.

Mary Beth (nee De Witt) Daugherty
per page

Find a board about a specific topic