Search for content in message boards

Richland, Iowa

Richland, Iowa

Posted: 30 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 7:52PM GMT
Surnames: Frazier, Woodward
I recently learned my Woodward and Frazier ancestors were some of the first settlers
in Richland, Iowa. They were Quakers. Is there or was there a Quaker church and/or cemetery?
Are there any Fraziers or Woodward ancestors still residing there? I'm from Williamsburg,
Iowa originally and have lived in Fairfield so know the area and was surprised to learn I had
a connection to Richland.
Mary Reed
Macomb, IL.

Richland, IA cemeteries

Posted: 30 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Oct 2004 1:54AM GMT
Surnames: Frazier, Woodward
Yes, there is a Quaker cemetery in Richland, Keokuk Co, IA. It's called the Friends Cemetery and is located on the north edge of the town. Farther northwest on the same road are two more cemeteries

Re: Richland, Iowa

Posted: 24 Aug 2001 6:02PM GMT
Edited: 2 Nov 2002 2:35AM GMT
Mary,
Do you have Ida Eunice Frazier in your line?
Jessie

Posted: 24 Aug 2001 6:10PM GMT
Edited: 11 Feb 2004 3:55AM GMT
No, Eunice Frazier. Are you related to the Coppocks who are buried in Richland We looked for them one day when we heard they were buried there. I'm from Williamsburg and we lived in Fairfield. We live in Macomb, IL now. One of our football coaches here at WIU is from Richland. I knew there were Fraziers around North and South English but have never established that I'm related. Of course I went to college with Fraziers in Kirksville, MO in 1948 that I'm related to but didn't know that until about a year ago. Do you have your line of Fraziers and do they start with Alexander?

Posted: 24 Aug 2001 6:20PM GMT
Edited: 2 Nov 2002 2:35AM GMT
Mary,
I don't know of any connections to the Coppocks yet. I have just started on this line. Ida Eunice married Edward Pyron Parker and that is the line I had been working on. I know absolutely nothing about Ida except I believe she was probably born in either Henry Co., Ia. or Jefferson Co., Ia..
Sorry to carry on so and thank you for answering my post.
God bless,
Jessie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic