Search for content in message boards

Thomas (Tom) Healy N.Y. 1869

Thomas (Tom) Healy N.Y. 1869

Posted: 4 Jun 2001 5:41PM GMT
Edited: 16 Aug 2001 6:28AM GMT
Hi I am looking for information and family related to my GGrandfather Thomas Healy. He was born in New York, both his parents were from Ireland.
Thomas Healy married Gertrude Hoffbauer, about 1890, she was from Iowa. They lived in Chestnut and Billings, Montana and is where their children were born.
Gertrude Hoffbauer Healy was related to Emma Hoffbauer Mounts of Bozeman, Montana.
Please write if this family is familiar.
I have more information and old pictures.
Sincerely, Kathy3896@aol.com

Healys

Terrence Healy (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2001 6:53PM GMT
My father was born in Livingston Montana, and
His father and his name was Jeremiah. My grandmothers name was collins.
My dad has a cousin still in montana named
Howard bullock.

Thomas Gertrude Healy

Posted: 5 Jun 2001 8:35PM GMT
Hi Terrance:
I am not familiar with the names of Healy's that you have mentioned. I know that Thomas & Gertrude (Hoffbauer) Healy had only one son and his name was Bernhard Healy. He has a son named Jack Healy who lives in Minnesota today.
Thomas Healy was born in New York in abt. 1867 and in census reports I have found that his parents were both from Ireland.
Thomas Healy died Feb. 1933 and is buried along side Gertrude Healy in Calvary Catholic Cemetery in St. Paul, MN.
They had daughters named, Mabel, Theresa, Gertrude, Catherine, Virginia & Roslyn.
Our Healy's may be related, I have been searching for a lead in New York but so far I have nothing. I do wonder however if their daughter Roslyn (and was carried on to my Mother ) is any lead to Roslyn New York?
Sincerely, Kathy

Thomas Gertrude Healy

Posted: 5 Jun 2001 8:36PM GMT
Hi Terrance:
I am not familiar with the names of Healy's that you have mentioned. I know that Thomas & Gertrude (Hoffbauer) Healy had only one son and his name was Bernhard Healy. He has a son named Jack Healy who lives in Minnesota today.
Thomas Healy was born in New York in abt. 1867 and in census reports I have found that his parents were both from Ireland.
Thomas Healy died Feb. 1933 and is buried along side Gertrude Healy in Calvary Catholic Cemetery in St. Paul, MN.
They had daughters named, Mabel, Theresa, Gertrude, Catherine, Virginia & Roslyn.
Our Healy's may be related, I have been searching for a lead in New York but so far I have nothing. I do wonder however if their daughter Roslyn (and was carried on to my Mother ) is any lead to Roslyn New York?
Sincerely, Kathy

Healys

Posted: 5 Jun 2001 9:44PM GMT
I will look at my dads birth certificate, and start from there.

Healy Family Search

Posted: 6 Jun 2001 9:02AM GMT
That may tell us some good clues!
Kathy :)

Jerimiah

Posted: 6 Jun 2001 6:24PM GMT
Well, I know my Grandfather was from twins and one died while young.
And I found out my Grandmothers name was Mirle Collins.
My Grandfathers name was Jerimiah, he was from Minnesota.

Re: Healys

francis a healy (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2001 1:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: healy, collins, mcgrale
Probably just a coincidence of Collinses but my grandfather from Killarney born 1861 to NYC 1881 married my grandmother Mary Collins of Killarney. She had at least two sisters in Brooklyn - Bridget and Margaret. My grandfathers name was William Frederick Healy and his father John and mother Maria McGrale.

Re: Thomas (Tom) Healy N.Y. 1869

Posted: 24 Jan 2002 3:49AM GMT
Surnames: Healy, Breheny, Judge
Hi,

I'm looking for information regarding a thomas Healy from New York. All I know is that in 1865 he was married to Winny? Breheny or Judge and lived out at the Falls. The information I have is from a letter writen to my great great grandfather Patrick Judge from his father Michael Breheny. He mentions that Patrick's sister Winny was married to Thomas Healy from about Culooney. If you think there may be a connection please let me know.
Thanks,
Ellen

Re: Thomas (Tom) Healy N.Y. 1869

Posted: 24 Jan 2002 7:18AM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2003 11:37PM GMT
Surnames: Healy-Joy-Hoffbauer
Hi Ellen:
Thank You for your response. What I know is that my GGGGrandfather was Thomas Healy from Ireland and his wife was Hauora or Hanora Joy and they were both from Ireland.
I have heard from others that the ladies name Hanora or Hauora was Americanized to be Hannah or Anna. I guess it could be possible that they called her Winny?
Do you know have any information about the children of the Thomas Healy and Winny in your letter?
My GGGrandfather, their son was, Thomas James Healy (born 1869) and according to their marriage license he was from Waddington, New York, that is in St. Lawerence County.
He married Gertrude Hoffbauer in Bozeman, Montana in 1891. One of their wedding attendents was Tessie Healy, this could be a sister or sister in law to Thomas James Healy (born 1869). (?)
Do you have any other information at all in which we could establish a connection?
Sincerely, Kathy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic