Search for content in message boards

William Moreland b. 1877

William Moreland b. 1877

Posted: 10 Mar 2001 8:32PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 9:04PM GMT
Looking for any info. on William b. 5/9/1877 d. 6/21/1954 m. Phoebe Hartman. Anything would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Wendi

William Moreland

Posted: 16 Mar 2001 6:52PM GMT
Edited: 28 Feb 2005 8:47PM GMT
Wendi,
There were a William Moreland who lived in Pick County of Georgia. This William was born and died around the same time as your William.

Re: William Moreland b. 1877

Posted: 24 Jun 2001 5:25AM GMT
Edited: 6 May 2002 4:17AM GMT
Surnames: MORELAND,WILLIAM
Did this Willie leave Georgia and go up north and got involved with the the mob? eddie brooks

Re: William Moreland

Posted: 24 Jun 2001 3:55PM GMT
Surnames: Moreland
I don't know much more on William other than the dates I listed and whom he married as well as a few children. It's possible he came from Georgia ?? I'll try that route. Any other info. would be appreciated. Thanks

Wendi

Posted: 24 Jun 2001 4:03PM GMT
Surnames: Moreland
Edwin,

I'm really not sure. The only info. I have is the dates I've listed, his wife and I dtrs. name- Etta Ellen Moreland. I know she was born in Scott Co. Kentucky, so I don't know if the ever where in Georgia. Do you have any dates on him ?? I have one pic. of him taken in about 1937 or 1938 in Indiana.
Any other info. you can provide ?
Thank you.
Wendi

Posted: 24 Jun 2001 6:55PM GMT
Edited: 6 May 2002 4:17AM GMT
Surnames: moreland
Wendi: The guy I am familiar with was born in Murray County Ga. See 1880 Census Murray County GA under Marion Moreland or William M. Moreland and you will see the him. If it is the one he did not stay around GA after 1896 and only once has he been mentioned. My Uncle Buddy Moreland said when he was a kid he came to visit my Grandfather Edwin Keister Moreland in Cleveland TN which is at the backdoor of Murray County GA.The comment was he was involved wwith the big boys up north. Let me know if I can help more and if it is the one give me please all you have on him and I will likewise on his family. I believe I know most of it all the way back to abt 1760. eddie brooks. PS my mother was a MOreland.

Posted: 12 Aug 2001 11:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Mar 2002 5:17AM GMT
Surnames: Moreland,Spaulding,Sourbeer,Farris
Wendi, my grandmother was Ettie Moreland b. Henderson KY
d. Louisville, KY. She was married to James M. Spaulding.

Her siblings as I have been told, were William Isaac, Ellen,Margaret Jane(Mag), Ida Bell,James Butler,Oscar C,and Benjamin. Don't know if there is a connection here or not.

Parents of Ettie Moreland were Pierce Butler or Burton Moreland and Margaret Jane Sourbeer. Parents of Pierce shown as William Moreland and Mary Farris from Virginia.

EDWIN C. BROOKS (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2001 5:42PM GMT
Surnames: moreland
Thank you. It does not seem to match. My grandfather, William's brother, informed us that when William made avisit to Cleveland Tn from up north in the 20's that William was purported to be apart of some gang(crook) or what we call the Mafia today. Again thanks for your response. eddie brooks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions