Surnames: Kapaun, Springer
Looking for ancestors and descendants of:

Josef Kapaun b.1836 in Michelsdorf, Bohemia
Rosa Springer b. 1842 in Michelsdorf, Bohemia
Three children all born in Michelsdorf, Bohemia
Joseph Kapaun b.May 27, 1851
Amelia b. 1853
Julius b.Dec. 2, 1862

Josef Kapaun came to America in 1869 with his son, Joseph and daughter, Amelia. One year later, 1870, his wife, Rosa and second son, Julius, join them in America. First moving to Portage, Wisconsin and later sons moved to Cass County, ND.

Any information or research tricks welcomed. Thank you.

Looking for someone to help do research in Michelsdorf.

Re: Kapaun 1836, Springer 1842, in Michelsdorf

Posted: 15 Apr 2002 3:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
If you are still looking for informaton on Josef Kapaun please contact me. Josef and Rosa Kapaun were my gg grandparents. However, they never lived in Portage, WI. They lived in the area of Buffalo and Alice, ND. They had five children, Joseph, Amalia, Frank, Gustave and Marie. There was another Josef Kapaun and family who came from Portage, WI. His wife's name was Annie and they did have 3 sons, Joseph, Julius and Ernest. I don't know about any daughters.

Posted: 15 Apr 2002 10:21PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jul 2002 9:58PM GMT
Thank you for your reply. I know of your gg grandparents. The Joseph and Rosa I am interested in are the parents of Joseph and Anne Kapaun. They are also the parents of Julius and Paulina Kapaun that lived in Alice. These Kapaun's are very confusing. I do have some information on your family that my cousin collected until we could distinguish between the two families. If you e-mail me with your e-mail I would be happy to send you any of the information we have on your Kapauns. Also, Kapaun is not a very common name and I have always wondered if these American Kapaun families may actually have family ties from the old country? At some time I would be interested in following up on this theory.

Thank you, and please write as I think that even though we are from different Kapaun families we would benefit from a kind of combined research effort.

Sincerely,
Sharol
sfs@snowcrest.net

Re: Kapaun

Bill Vinduska (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2002 4:51AM GMT
You might also be interested in the Kapaun in Pilsen Ks. Father Kapaun has a High School named after him in Wichita, Ks. The church in Pilsen has just compleated a major renovation in preperation of Fr. Kapaun being cannonized into sainthood soon. I believe that all of the family is gone now, I will have to inquire for you. You might send an inquirery to St. John Nep. Catholic church in Pilsen Ks. or I could get you my aunts e-mail address, she writes the church bulliten and knows everyone in the comunity.
Good hunting, Bill
Posted: 25 Apr 2002 6:55PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jul 2002 9:58PM GMT
Surnames: Nimmick, Schuch, Witt, Henkel, Kurtz, Wolsky, Metzek, Herk, Mildes, Eggert, Kapaun, Foogman
That would be fine Bill.

Thank you for your help. These Kapauns are very difficult to trace and not too many of them.

My e-mail is sfs@snowcrest.net

Sharol

Posted: 17 Jul 2013 2:03AM GMT
According to the Marcellon, Wisconsin 1893 plat map, J Kapaun owned land on section 17. Since we have 80 acres here on the sw corner of section 17, I am curious if our old farmhouse and/or barn were originally built by the Kapauns. I have searched and found pics of their family after they moved to North Dakota, but couldn't find anything from here. Do you happen to have any additional information on their residence here? I have always wondered about the history of our farm and its buildings.

Posted: 17 Jul 2013 2:28PM GMT
KAPOUN in Czech Republic:
http://www.kdejsme.cz/prijmeni/Kapoun/hustota/
2 locations in CZ whose old name was Michelsdorf:
Michelsdorf, Ostrov populated place
49°56' N 16°33' E

E M U G

Czech Republic
92.7 miles E of Praha 50°5' N 14°28' E

Michelsdorf, Veliká Ves populated place
50°16' N 13°22' E

E M U G

Czech Republic
49.9 miles WNW of Praha 50°5' N 14°28' E

Possible it is Ostrov as :
Kapaun, Otto Ostrou, CzechoSlovakia 18 1902 1920 Otto is going to brother Gustav;
Kapaun, Gustav Michelsdorf 18 1875 1893
Kapann, Frank Michelsdorf 18 1887 1905
Kapoun, Rosa Michelsdorf, Bohemia 17 1897 1914
Springer, Vincenz Michelsdorf 17 1887 1904
source: www.ellisislandrecords.org
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions