Search for content in message boards

Asa Short, wife Cornelia

Asa Short, wife Cornelia

Posted: 3 Jun 2010 6:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Short and Luther
I am trying to find more information on Asa Short born either 1827 or 1829 in New York State I believe he died in Corning, NY. His wife's name was Cornelia. His daughter Mary Jane married Alonzo Luther. (Alonzo and Mary are buried in Niles Valley, Tioga Co. PA.) I want to know if Asa is related to the Asa Short of Shortsville, Tioga Co. PA. This Asa is too young to be Asa jr., son of Asa from Rhode Island, so I suspect he is a grandson but I can't find him listed as a child of Asa Jr, or his brother Samuel.The 1850 census puts Asa and Cornelia in Hornby Steuben Co. NY and 1860 in Corning, NY. I would appreciate any information on Asa and Cornelia.

Re: Asa Short, wife Cornelia

Posted: 18 Jul 2011 3:53AM GMT
Surnames: SHORT / CONKLIN
I AM RESEARCHING ASA SHORT FROM TIOGA CO. PA.
HE IS LISTED IN THE 1820,1830,1840,1850 CENSUS I THIS CO

IN THE 1850 CENSUS, ALONG WITH HIS WIFE, BETSEY AND THEIR
CHILDREN, ARE 2 CHILDREN CHARLES H. CONKLIN AGE 7 AND MARY J.CONKLIN AGE 4.

MY INTEREST IS IN THESE CHILDREN. I BELIEVE CHARLES H CONKLIN IS MY GG GRANDFATHER.

MY THOUGHT IS PERHAPS THET ARE HIS GRANDCHILDREN

Re: Asa Short, wife Cornelia

Posted: 18 Jul 2011 1:02PM GMT
Surnames: Short
Hi, there are 2 Asa Shorts. The one your talking about, and the one I am looking for from Steuben NY. You might be able to find what your looking for on the Greenfree library newspaper arcives. I don't have the address handy but if you put Greenfree library Wellsboro PA in a search, it should pop right up. There are numerous items about Asa and his family in there.I believe his obit is in there. You might also try Fulton, the Corning NY papers carried news from that area. Again you will need to search Fulton. It's something like old Fulton postcards.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions