Search for content in message boards

B.E. Stone mourning brooch

B.E. Stone mourning brooch

Posted: 25 Nov 2002 8:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Mar 2003 6:04PM GMT
Howdy, Stone family, I recently aquired a mourning brooch, presumably containing a locket of hair. The front has an engraving/drawing of a woman kneeling at a tomb, surrounded by an oval of onyx and pearls. The back has engraved "B.E. Stone." 1800's. Interested in information? Please e-mail me. This belongs with relatives, if I can find them.

Re: B.E. Stone mourning brooch

Penny (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2003 6:44PM GMT
Surnames: B.E. Stone
Just read your message about B.E. Stone, I'm just starting to research my dads family. My g.g.grandfather William T. Stone had a brother name Benjamin E. Stone. Benjamin was born in Alabama on Feb.22,1870, he died in 1909. He was married to Sallie E. Ryan. Mean anything??

Penny (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2003 7:07PM GMT
Sorry, it was my g.grandfather James David Stone (who my uncle and brother was name after) and his wife Gorgon "Merritt" Stone's son B.E. Stone. B. E.'s grandfather was William T. Stone. Got my paper work mixed up. Still in Alabama in 1870.

Posted: 2 Jan 2003 5:49PM GMT
an Elizabeth, also a relative, came to the same conclusion. She wrote: It could be Benjamin E Stone of Dover-Foxcroft, Maine, who died in 1864 in
New Brunswick, having lived there for 20 years, leaving a wife and nine
children, who came back to Maine.

I don't feel at liberty to give you her full name and e-mail address without her express permission. Do you think you're talking of the same person?

Anne B

Posted: 2 Jan 2003 5:50PM GMT
an Elizabeth, also a relative, came to the same conclusion. She wrote: It could be Benjamin E Stone of Dover-Foxcroft, Maine, who died in 1864 in
New Brunswick, having lived there for 20 years, leaving a wife and nine
children, who came back to Maine.

I don't feel at liberty to give you her full name and e-mail address without her express permission. Do you think you're talking of the same person?

Anne B

Posted: 2 Jan 2003 5:53PM GMT
I have photos of the brooch I can send you, let me know.

Penny (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2003 2:24AM GMT
Anne, thank you so much for your reply, but I don't think it's the same Benjamin E. Stone. My Benjamin E. Stone was born on Feb. 22, 1869 in Alabama and died in 1909. He was married to Sallie E. Ryan. I don't think any of my Stones' were in Maine. I'm looking for a Michell or Micheal Stone born in 1782 Maryland. I'm can't find anything about his parent, so I can't go any further on my search. I don't know if he had any family that moved north. Thanks again.

Penny (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2003 2:40AM GMT
I would love to see a picture of the brooch. Can you do it over computer or would you like my address? Either way would be fine with me. My nephew and his 2 year son are the only ones left to carry on this line of the Stone's name, they are why I'm trying to put this together, as well as for myself.

Posted: 3 Jan 2003 5:37PM GMT
Sorry, Penny, the brooch isn't posted to any web sites. You can e-mail me at squid@gci.net and leave me your e-mail address and I'll send the photos to you. There is a grave in the drawing that may be the final identifying mark to match the B.E. Stone it belongs to. What is your Benjamin's middle name...the "E"?

Anne

Posted: 5 Jan 2007 1:41AM GMT
Surnames: Stone, Royal
I believe that this may be my Stone family. My Great great grandfather was Benjamin Stone the Blacksmith that lived in Miane married Sarah Royal and had nine chilren with her. He apsted away in 1864 leaving Sarah to raise the children alone. Great family story line. I hope to write their story one day. Hope this gets to you, I haven't had any leads on the family in a long time. Take care, Cheri
per page

Find a board about a specific topic