Search for content in message boards

Davenport DNA Surname Project

Davenport DNA Surname Project

Posted: 28 Jun 2013 6:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Is there anyone monitoring the Davenport Surname Project? The last update was in 2010.

Re: Davenport DNA Surname Project

Posted: 1 Jul 2013 3:25AM GMT
Yes, the Davenport Surname DNA Project continues to be active and the website updated. I am the administrator of the project and the latest update was today. I believe you are looking at a page that lists the most recent updates. I had to discontinue it because we were testing several advanced markers at the time and there was so many results flooding in, that I didn't have time to update the list each time. At the top of most pages there is a "This page last updated" field showing the date. Bill Davenport

Posted: 1 Jul 2013 3:48AM GMT
Thanks Bill. The reason I am asking is I just transferred my Autosomal DNA from Ancestry to FTDNA. I sent a e-mail to someone about the C.D. on the Pamunkey Davenports. I was trying to find out if it is the same as what Familysearch.org has on their website or if the C.D. has updated info since 2001. I believe my Davenport line might be the Pamunkey line due to the fact that I have DNA matches to about 33 people that are linked to the Pamunkey Davenports. With the males taking the Y test I have no way of checking our matches on the chromosome browser. They might want to consider that to see if they match up with some of the females now that the Autosomal test is out. Thanks, Ida

Posted: 21 Aug 2013 2:59PM GMT
Surnames: Davenport
This post was deleted by the author on 2 Mar 2014 11:39PM GMT

Posted: 21 Aug 2013 5:51PM GMT
I took the autosomal test on Ancestry and have transferred my raw DNA to Gedmatch and FTDNA. My gedmatch kit number is A087353. What is yours and how long have you been on Gedmatch?

Posted: 21 Aug 2013 6:34PM GMT
Surnames: Davenport
This post was deleted by the author on 2 Mar 2014 11:39PM GMT

Posted: 2 Sep 2013 7:20PM GMT
Hello, my Grandmother is a Davenport and I would like to contribute to this project but i'm not very familiar with the DNA testing / services provided. What is the best way to get started, can I use the same results for other family names?

Thanks,
Chris

Posted: 3 Sep 2013 2:34AM GMT
Chris - go to http://www.DavenportDNA.com to find out more information. You can also contact me privately if you like - wbdave@aol.com - Bill Davenport, Administrator Davenport Surname DNA Project.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic