Search for content in message boards

McWalter/Qualter

McWalter/Qualter

Posted: 23 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Sep 2002 2:00PM GMT
Surnames: McWalter, Qualter, Fleming, Glynn, Cullinane, Cullinan, Kilgarrif
Researching family histories of McWalter, Qualter, Fleming, Glynn, Cullinane/Cullinan, Kilgarrif from Garrafrauns or Dunmore or Tuam, Co. Galway. Would appreciate all information no matter how small.

Tubber, Galway

Pat Connors (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cullinan, Fahey
I have Patrick and Bridget Fahey Cullinan parents of Michael b 1900 and Denis b 1912 in Tubber, Galway. Looking for more siblings. At least one sister who use to live in the Bronx.

Cullinan

Posted: 26 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McWalter, Qualter, Fleming, Cullinan, Cullinane, Glynn
Pat, my great-great grandmother's name was Mary Cullinane. Unfortunately, I know nothing about her siblings or their decendants. I'll keep your information and when I get to that 'branch of the tree', I'll let you know if I come up with anything you might be able to use.

McWalter/Qualter

Posted: 27 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Thanks Colleen! I learned a number of years ago that no information should be considered unnecessary. I had information on a gentlemen that I didn't believe I was decended from so I put it aside. Eventually getting back to it, I realized that he was my great-great-great uncle and added about 200 of his decendents to my family tree! Good luck with yours!

Glynn Connection

Posted: 27 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jan 2002 5:03AM GMT
Surnames: Glynn, Fahy, Fahey
You said "no matter how small". I have a Murty Glynn who married Surney in the 1800s and lived around Gort, County Galway. I believe his wife came from a Fury (Furey) family. Murty Glynn's wife's sisters were Prenny (Roger Burke, Garryland); Mary (Dennis Farrell, Moy); Nappy (Billy Fahy or Fahey, Cuhercurna); Kate (Patt Kean, Ballysheedy), and three other siblings for which I have no names. This Glynn was connected to other family names by marriage: Howard, Baggott, Burke, Duggan. Also from an old mid-1800s letter written by Bridget Howard (grand daughter of Denis Glynn), there is mentioned the death of Denis Glynn in 1878. I have no way of knowing at present how he was connected to Murty Glynn, however, Denis Glynn's son-in-law was Patrick Howard ( Bridget's father) who had seven children that I am aware of. The letter was written in 1880 from Bunaseaw?? spelling??, Gort P.O., County Galway, Ireland.
Posted: 26 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Nov 2001 1:17AM GMT
Surnames: Glynn, Collins, Fitzmorris, Calahan, Smytherman
Hi Colleen,
Saw your message on Murty Glynn from Gort, Co. Galway.
My G-grandfather lived in Gort on George St.Married to
Mary Calahan, and their children were John J. b. 1855,
Martin H. b. 1857, (my Grandfather) Michael b.1858,
and Patrick b. 1862. They all settled in Boston, Ma. There were quite a few Glynns in Gort It seems like there must
be a connection, but I don't know how.
Ruth (Glynn) Robertson

Posted: 25 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2006 2:43AM GMT
Surnames: KILGARIFF
I am also researching my family history. My Great-Great Grandparents were John and Mary Ellen Kilgariff of tuam, Galway. They immigrated to the US in the late 1800's. Around the potato famine. They had 7 children named:
Nicholas (Mike) Kilgariff
Theresa
Mame
Julia
Gertrude
Rose
Nell.
Nicholas married Elizebeth McAdams their children were:
Maude
Gertrude
Elizabeth ( who was my grandmother).
I hope this is related and maybe you have info I can use??
Thanks
Posted: 3 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Oct 2001 12:32AM GMT
Surnames: Glynn, Feuerlohn, Furlong
Looking for any information on Ann Glynn.Born November 16, 1842. She emigrated to the US in 1860. Married Carl Feuerlohn, aka, Charles Furlong. She had 12 children. Any information gratefully received.

Re: McWalter/Qualter

Posted: 8 Sep 2001 10:33AM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2001 3:23PM GMT
My great grandmothers sister married a McWalter she
was from Dunmore Galway could this be the same family
her name was Mary Hopkins and his name was John McWalter
they had four children John Mary Patrick James.
Thanks XChristine

Re: McWalter/Qualter

Dan (View posts)
Posted: 19 Nov 2001 6:32AM GMT
I'm researching James Qualter b.1832, occ. carpenter, m. Margaret Hennessy b. 1832 married 2 Sept. 1855 St. Thomas Church RC, Earlington Warwickshire, England. They had at least 2 children James & Ellen. Margaret died in 1872 and James remarried. His father was Patrick Qualter, Ireland.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions