Search for content in message boards

William Chisholm

William Chisholm

John H. Chisholm, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Chisholm, Lewis, Davis, Nettles
I am searching for information on descendants of William Chisholm who married Raney Elizabeth Alred on 12-20-1841. He was my great grandfather. My father was John Henderson Chisholm who was married to Lessie Sarah Lewis. My paternal grandfather was John Evander Chisholm who was married to Margaret Davis. My maternal grandparents were William James Lewis and Mary Adeline Nettles.

Desc. of Wm. Chisholm

Posted: 9 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Sep 2001 7:19PM GMT
Surnames: Chisholm, Ezell, McCaa, Rankin
John: I am not a descendant of William Chisholm, but my wife and children and grandchildren are. I married Mildred Marie McCaa of Franklin / Jefferson County, MS (lived in the Hominy Ridge area between Union Church and Meadville). She is a daughter of Charles Wesley McCaa and his wife Mittie Mary Ezell. (They had 12 children; 11 survived to adulthood.) Mittie Ezell was one of two daughters (no sons)of Cammie Louis Ezell and his wife Annie Chisholm. Annie was daughter of Eveander Chisholm. We have started a private family website for McCaa - Ezell descendants on MyFamily.com. If you are interested in checking it out, I can set up a guest visitor status for you for a week or so. Of course, if you want to stay in it and post data there to be seen by related persons, I can also issue you a permanent membership for the site. Let me know your preference. One of the site files has a GEDCOM listing of Ezell descendants, but I don't recall whether or not the Chisholm lines are included to any extent..... John R.

Wiiliam Chisholm

Posted: 29 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 12:28PM GMT
Surnames: Chilholm, Lewis, Wactor, Davis
Ranah Elizabeth Allred is Ranah Elizabeth Wactor, who married Ezra Allred (died bef 1841)on 19 Jul 1838 in Franklin Co., MS, is the daughter of Jacob W. Wactor and Elizabeth "Betsy" Morgan.

The children that I have of William and Ranah are:
Susan Chisholm - b. 1844 Franklin Co., MS d. MS
John Chisholm - b. 1846 Franklin Co., MS d. MS
William A. Chisholm - b. 1848 Franklin Co., MS d. MS
John Henderson Chisholm Sr

Re: Wiiliam Chisholm

Posted: 7 Oct 2001 7:24PM GMT
I descend from Ranah's brother, John Wiley. Would love to exchange information.

Re: William Chisholm

Christy Wheeler (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2001 2:47AM GMT
Surnames: Chisholm, Wactor
I am the great, great, great grandaughter of Raney Elizabeth Wactor Alred Chisholm, wife of William Chisholm. I have some of their decedent information, their daughter Elizabeth who was born in 1850, her husband and their decendants. I am looking for information on Raney (some records say Rena, Ronah) as well as dates on William. Maybe we can exchange info.

Christy

Christy Wheeler (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2001 2:55AM GMT
Surnames: Chisholm, Wactor
I decend from Ranah and would like any information you have on her or William. I can send you some too.
Thanks

Lisa (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2001 1:08PM GMT
It is always fun to meet another cousin from this line. I do not have a great deal of information on your direct line but will be happy to share what I do have. My email is maydec@aol.com.

Posted: 20 Nov 2002 3:46AM GMT
Edited: 4 May 2003 7:28PM GMT
Surnames: Chisholm and related surnames
Hi, Christy!

I, too, am a Chisholm descendant. Only I am descended from William's brother, Daniel Washington Chisholm, SR. Their parents were John Chisholm and Elizabeth Burt. I've been working on John and Elizabeth's descendants. I have Susan Elizabeth Chisholm as being married to an Unknown Zumbro. Would love to have more on this "limb". Can you help?

Nancy

Posted: 7 Dec 2002 7:50PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jan 2004 4:40AM GMT
I am descended from Raney's first husband's (Ezra Allred) brother Ezekiel Allred. We dont have much info on Raney and William and I would love to get that info to pass on to other Allred researchers. We have wondered where Raney was buried. Any help would be appreciated. I am also related to Malissa Ann Davis who married John E Chisholm. I can be contacted at geraldallred@attbi.com.

Re: Desc. of Wm. Chisholm

Posted: 22 Aug 2005 10:53PM GMT
Surnames: Chisholm and related surnames...
I am a descendant of William's brother, Daniel Washington Chisholm, SR. I would love to swap family information with you. :)

Nancy
Indego3@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic