1700's to early 1800's

Thanks,
JEFF

Re: Botetourt County Surnames - Jones

Posted: 9 Jul 2001 6:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Jun 2002 8:56PM GMT
Surnames: Jones, Strickland
I am researching my Strickland ties in Botetourt County, VA. Two of my Stricklands married Jones.

Mary Virginia Strickland married John J. Jones on June 11, 1849 in Botetourt Co, VA. I know of one son for this couple, John W. Jones born abt. March 1850 according to 1850 Botetourt Co, VA census record.

Joseph/Josephus Strickland married Mary Ann Jones on September 19, 1850 in Rockbridge County, VA.

Oral family history says that John J. Jones and Mary Virginia Strickland lived in homeplace of Mary Virginia Strickland's father, William Strickland.

Are you researching either of these Jones couples and children?

Re: Botetourt County Surnames

Phyllis (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2002 1:08PM GMT
Surnames: Broughman,Hendricks,Cascie,Casci,Estes,Emerson,Jenkins,Campbell
Hi Jeff,
I have a Harriett Redman married to Wiley Broughman on Nov, 29, 1848 in Botetourt, Va. Their son was David W. Broughman. I do not have any other info on Harriett or her family I'm sorry to say. If you sound run across these people or anyone reading this has the info please contact me with it. Thank you,
Phyllis
Ctymouse@aol.com

Posted: 18 Apr 2002 12:12AM GMT
Edited: 16 Aug 2002 6:03AM GMT
Surnames: Broughman/Redman
Phyllis, The Harriet Redman that married Wiley Broughman is listed in Vol 1 of Botetourt Co. Marriages, 1770-1853, and it shows she is daughter of John Redman. That is a little bit on her family.

Posted: 24 Dec 2002 8:53AM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2006 8:25PM GMT
Surnames: Brickey,Burkholder,Gish, Dawson,Wilkey,Haggard, White,Dunn
There were lots of Brickey's in Bote. Co, and other counties in Virginia. which ones specifically are of interest to you?
Nancy

Posted: 10 May 2004 8:20PM GMT
Surnames: Redman/House/Burkett/Ware/Small
Harriet Redman was the sister of Benjamin Redman, my great great grandfather. Their parents were William John Redman and Christina Deel (diehl). She was born about 1818 in Botetourt Co., Virginia. Anyone want further information on the Redmans please contact me.

Ginger
vmcougar@comcast.net

Posted: 10 May 2004 8:28PM GMT
Jeff I am researching Redman (Redmond) Deel (Diehl) too. My family is the Redman line. William John Redman married a Christina (Tina) Deel (diehl) in Virginia. They had 10 Children that I am aware of at this time.

My GG Grandfather was their son Benjamin who moved to Ohio and married 3 times.
1- Elizabeth House m. 3 Feb 1831
2 - Elizabeth Burkett m. 15 Aug 1843
3 - Kiziah Ware Small m. 20 Oct not sure of year

Ginger.

Posted: 6 Jan 2005 10:15AM GMT
William Redman born Abt 1811 in Botetourt Co. was my G.G Grandfather am trying to find his mother , father and siblings any help would be appreciated . Thanks / David.

Posted: 20 Oct 2006 2:44PM GMT
Ginger, do you have the names of the 10 children of William John Redman and Christiana Deel?

I am researching a William Redman, born about 1811, who married a Polly and might be one of the children.

What part of Ohio did Benjamin move to. Ours ended up in Allen Co.

Posted: 20 Oct 2006 2:49PM GMT
David, I found a William Redman who was married to Polly in the 1850 census for Distict 8, Botetourt Co, VA. Their son Henry who married Mary Roeder is who I am researching. Is this the same William you mentioned?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions