Search for content in message boards

WHITLOWS OF BUCKINGHAM, VA.

WHITLOWS OF BUCKINGHAM, VA.

Annie Hardiman Thomas (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Aug 2012 1:27PM GMT
Surnames: WHITLOW
Searching for any information on my great grandfather, Joe Whitlow of Dillwyn in Buckingham County, Va. He was married to Nannie Pokey Druin. Any help appreciated.

Re: WHITLOWS OF BUCKINGHAM, VA.

Posted: 12 Aug 2012 8:53PM GMT
Joseph H Whitlow 1842-1900 married Nancy Melvina Druin Catlett 1843-1915 "Pokie". This is what I have but am still trying prove some 1850 census shows Littleberry Druin with Virginia Wooton and Nancy is one of the Children. I am told Virginia & Nancy's Death Cert say Druin Catlett. I have not gotten copies yet. Hope this helps but do not take it as gospel I am still working on this. The Catlett comes in the 1860 census when Virginia is with William Catlett with the addition of more children. There is also a Court Martial record from Buckingham that shows Druin and Catlett both in attendance. If you have info showing me right or wrong please share this is a work in progress

Posted: 14 Aug 2012 5:47PM GMT
Surnames: Druen, Catlett, Whitlow
Below is what Nancy Druen Catlett Whitlow's death certificate says. I am told she went by CATLETT but her father was really Littleberry DRUEN. That agrees with what her death certificates says. I show she was born Dec 17 1843. I would be glad to share info with you. My email address is rubygem3@verizon.net.

Ruby Talley Smith

Nannie Pokie Whitlow
Female, white, widowed
Widow of Joseph Whitlow
Born December 17, 1843
85 years, 11 months, 16 days old
Birthplace – Buckingham
Father – Berry Drewen – unknown birthplace
Mother – Virginia Catlett – unknown birthplace
Died 12/3/1929 from infirmities of age
Informant was W.J. Whitlow of Dillwyn.
Certificate #28605

Posted: 19 Apr 2013 1:30AM GMT
Surnames: Whitlow
You share common great grandparents with my husband. I have recently spoken to a mutual cousin, Ed in FL, and he suggested I get in touch with you to discuss the family's history. If you could please respond to me with a message I would be very grateful and excited to share with you.--Gloria
per page

Find a board about a specific topic