Search for content in message boards

Don J Lyman born in Pennsylvania

Don J Lyman born in Pennsylvania

Posted: 16 Dec 2004 4:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lyman, Sinclair, Beatty
I am the Great Grand daughter of Don J Lyman, who's wife is listed in Ancestry as unknown Mary. Her name is Mary Sinclair and she was from Canada. Also, my grandmother is Frances W Lyman and I knew her sisters Maude Lyman McConnell and Ethyl Lyman Wall, and her brother Ray.I have a photo of Don J and his wife Mary and the girls leaning against a car in about 1913. I never knew they ever lived in Louisiana, where it says Ray was born. I think my grandmother would have mentioned that. I was born in Twin Falls, Idaho, where Don J Lyman owned one of the first car dealerships. My grandmother Frances Lyman married Roscoe Burrows Beatty on March 14, 1914. They had 3 children Alice Mae, Frank Edward and George Richard. My father was George Richard Beatty. Mary Sinclair, Don's wife was born in Ontario, Canada, in 1860, and was the 8th child of Duncan Sinclair and Alice MacDougal both born in Scotland. Duncan was born in 1820 and Alice was born in 1816. If anyone has more information and is researching this line, or needs information on these people that I knew personally, please contact me.

Re: Don J Lyman born in Pennsylvania

Posted: 16 Aug 2013 10:16PM GMT
Surnames: Lyman
I am the Great Grand Son of Don J Lyman. I am looking for a good picture of Don.

Posted: 16 Aug 2013 11:35PM GMT
We are cousins then because I am his great granddaughter. I don't think I have a photo, even my grandmother Francis Lyman-Beatty did not have a lot of photos. If I find one I will let you know and post it. If you are acquainted with Ralph Lawrence, he is Maude Lyman's grandson and may have a photo of Don J. He is on Ancestry and lives in Idaho.

Posted: 16 Aug 2013 11:40PM GMT
Surnames: Don J Lyman
Silly me, I just looked at my tree and the photo is attached to his name. I think I got it from Ralph Lawrence's tree, so I think you can go onto my tree or Ralph's tree and attach it to your tree and then print. Which of his children are you descended from?
Betty Jo Beatty-Colbert

Posted: 17 Aug 2013 7:25AM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2013 7:26AM GMT
My Grand Father was Milton Brennan (Clair Lyman-St Clair Lyman). My Mother was Mary Brennan Carlson. Thru the years as I was growing up I met Francis, Rena, Ethel and Maude.
If I met Ray I do not Remember.
I got to know Ethel's children late in their lives. Also knew Eleanor McConnell Summers. She lived behind My Mother later in Life. I think I met Ralph when my Dad was in the hospital in Boise in the early nineties. I have attached Don's picture and I was just hoping that there was a better one.

Posted: 17 Aug 2013 4:10PM GMT
Ralph told me awhile back that Mary Brennan lived with Aunt Maude,in Jerome, and that she was Uncle Clair's daughter. Also, he did not know why Clair changed his last name. Do you happen to know that mystery? I have my father's baby book and that is how I knew your grandfather's name was Clair and not Blair as it is listed in some census.
It says Uncle Clair gave Dicky an eiderdown blanket. That was in May 1920. I have so many photos and I believe one of them has Don J Lyman's photo with a car and his daughters. I will look for it. My direct email is donbjc@comcast.net and I live near Sacramento, CA BJ

Posted: 17 Aug 2013 4:31PM GMT
In some birth records I have read his name was written down as St Clair I think it should have been Sinclair Lyman. Mom used to tell me that he changed his name when he 14 or 17 because he was mad at his Dad. Mom lived for awhile with Aunt Maude. She also lived and worked as a maid for Wilson Churchman. She was in Jerome, Idaho for her High School. In the summers she lived with Don In Gooding and worked at his café.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions