Search for content in message boards

CL Forster Funeral Home records

CL Forster Funeral Home records

Karen M (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 2006 4:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for the funeral home records of a CL Forster which was located at 918 Brooklyn in 1915, 1918 in KC, MO. Does anyone know what funeral home purchased this facility - and perhaps where the records are. I am trying to locate a "lost" family member and I am hoping to find her through funeral home records. I don't know when she died, or where she is buried - and hope this information will lead me there.

Thank you.

Karen

Re: CL Forster Funeral Home records

Posted: 22 Feb 2008 8:14PM GMT
Mrs. C. L. Forster's Funeral Home was purchased in November of 1958 by Stine & McClure. Stine & McClure was purchased By D. W. Newcomer & Sons, which is still in business in Kansas City. I don't know if they have retained their records, but that would be a place to start. They still use the Stine & McClure name for one of their chapels. If you haven't tried yet, look for your person at Mount Washington Cemetery. We have a few photos from the interior of Forster's and there are photos of Mt. Washington on the wall. We also have a photograph of a hearse from Forster's taken in Mt. Washington Cemetery. (I am on the curatorial staff at Union Station/Kansas City Museum.)

Posted: 3 Jun 2013 5:57PM GMT
Surnames: Bowling
I am looking for info on my Mother, Mary Leona Bowling, who died 4/17/1955. The funeral service was at Mrs. C. L. Forster Chapel in Kansas City and I would love to see the photos of it as I was 5 at the time. She was buried at Forest Hill Cemetary and they have not record of her online.
Donna Bowling Clark

Posted: 11 Jun 2013 8:38PM GMT
I assume that you know about MO death certificates from 1910 to 1962 being available online. Mary Bowling's is included.

Just to go:
http://www.sos.mo.gov/archives/resources/deathcertificates/

Robert
per page

Find a board about a specific topic