Search for content in message boards

Family Names

Family Names

Anne Harrison (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hodge, Wallace, Marshall, Cochrane, Saunders, McNeil, Paton
I have many family names for the Ayrshire area. Richard and Corneilous saunders families from Annbank, and Tarbolton in the 1800's. Mary Paton in 1846 from Craigie who married Richard Saunders. John Hodge in 1868 born in Black Quarter, Penningham. He married Margaret McNeil.Walter Welsh Wallace in 1864 married Mary Marshall in Kilmarnock. John Cochrane who was born in Ireland along with his wife Bridget. They had a daughter named Catherine that had her first child in Wigton. This is also where the McNEil line comes in. John Cochrane married Margaret Martin McNeill. Her parents were Thomas McNEil and Grace. If these names show up in your lines, or you know anything about these familes, please e-mail me

MARSHALLS

Sue Simmonds (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Marshall, McBride
looking for a William Marshall & Susan McBride, either may have been born in Dumfries, Ayrshire, and migrated to South Australia sometime before 1864, settled in the Robe district and eventually had seven children the first Andrew Marshall born 6/01/1864, can anyone help?

Re: MARSHALLS

Robert Marshall (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2001 9:23PM GMT
Hi,just to let you know there are lots of Marshalls in the dumfries area.I being one will try to help from this end.Good luck with the search.
P.S. Dumfries is in Dumfriesshire not Ayrshire. Bye

Anne (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2001 3:33AM GMT
Thanks Sue for letting me know that I should possibly look in a new area. Thank you, Anne

Posted: 30 Nov 2001 5:46AM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2002 5:19AM GMT
Anne....Can you email me re the Marshall and McBride. my email is jcoat@mountaincable.net. I have some info for you, I think. Jean

Posted: 30 Nov 2001 5:57AM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2002 5:19AM GMT
My email # is jcoat@mountaincable.net
I tried your old email address but I can not get through. Can you email me as I have some info and I can send it by reply. I dislike these boards as they are so confusing. I sent this letter to the wrong address I think however I may be sending this toe the wrong placee also. Oh well. Maybe I will talk to you later. Jean Coat

Posted: 12 Jan 2003 5:30PM GMT
Hello, are you related to the Marshalls from Stewarton , i am trying to trach there background

Posted: 7 Mar 2007 5:01AM GMT
Surnames: Marshall
Hi Robert I am trying to trace a Robert Marshall born abt.1741 in Galloway,Dumpshire area. He was married to an Elizabeth Marshall don't know if they were related. They had six kids three died and were buried there. They immigrated on the Lovely Nelly on 1/May/1774 to Charltown St.John's Island now known as Prince Edward Island Canada. Robert was a weaver by trade and took his loom hoping to get a better life in PEI. Do you know of this family? Three kids Elizabeth, Isobel and ? James, John and Andrew sailed with them. I have Caulkerbush, Troqueir, Kirkenbright spelled wrong. I have dates of baptisms and Parishes if you can help me I can give that info to you. Any help is appreciated. I will share with anyone who is of same family. This is my mom's family. Barbara

Re: Family Names

Posted: 28 Jun 2007 3:01AM GMT
Can you tell me who Mary Marshalls parents are?

Re: Family Names

Posted: 9 Jul 2007 12:25AM GMT
Surnames: Muir,Marshall,Rankin,Smith,Gunn,Winters,mac/McMillan,Johnson,MacDonald,Fraser
I am related to Mary Marshall marr June 27 1823 to Michael Muir a miner who came to Nova Scotia about 1840.They came from Kilmarnock and Riccarton area of Ayrshire,Scotland Her parents were Robert Marshall and Agnes Logan marr bef 1792 and his were John Muir and Agnes?
Bessie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic