Search for content in message boards

carroll geneology

carroll geneology

Posted: 6 Apr 2002 8:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 May 2002 2:15AM GMT
I AM LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON MY MOTHERS SIDE OF THE FAMILY.SHE WAS LOTTIE CARROLL.HER DAD WAS SAMUEL WILLIAM CARROLL, HER MOTHER WAS MARY MARGARET GREER CARROLL. HER UNCLES WERE THOMAS CARROLL---WALTER CARROLL-- GEORGE CARROLL--JOHN CARROLL--JOSEPH CARROLL--HER AUNTS WERE HATTIE--- MAGGIE. I SURE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION ON THESE FOLKS. THANKS IN ADVANCE
LORENE PECE THOMAS
lwings4@aol.com

Re: carroll geneology

Posted: 7 Apr 2002 2:23AM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2003 4:43PM GMT
I am from a Carroll line, but none of these names appear within my on line. I do have a book with other Carrolls. I will look to see.

Posted: 7 Apr 2002 12:17PM GMT
Can you tell me what area you are talking about? I have a Thomas Carroll b Ireland, and lived for a time in NYC. Also a Walter Carroll. Thanks.

Regina

Posted: 7 Apr 2002 3:55PM GMT
My husband is from a Carroll line. Where did your Carrolls live? I have a George F. Carroll whose mother was Margaret Carroll. You can e-mail me direct at yanke1@cox-internet.com.

Andrew (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2002 6:04AM GMT
Those names do not look familiar to me either. I am also descended from Carroll's, but from my fathers side from New York State, in Chautauqua Couny. They actually lived in the Town of Carroll hehe. My ancestor is Stephen (David) Carroll (wife Mary), his daughter (Belinda Carroll). I cannot find any information past these two people and I do not have birth, death, or marriage dates. Might any of you know these people at all? If so, I would like a line of descent if at all possible. Thanks

Andrew
andrewwaite@hotmail.com

LaVerne (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2002 10:17PM GMT
Claudia:

What is the title of your Carroll book? My gggf was Jacob Carroll his daughter Sarah (born in Forsyth Co. GA) married
my ggf James Turk. Do any of these names ring a bell? You can contact me at ltbeck@ptialaska.net.
Thanks,
LaVerne

Posted: 23 Apr 2002 9:22PM GMT
Edited: 16 May 2002 3:00AM GMT
What states were they from?

gerald l hollis (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 2002 9:43PM GMT
Surnames: carroll, wakefield, turk
i have a thomas b abt 1827 ireland, he served w 24th mass inf in cw, there was also a john carroll in the same outfit. thomas landed in mich d 1906. wife was ellen wakefield d 1882, son abraham and charles. to lavern, my wife has a james turk in her line from upstate NY?
regards, gerry hollis

Posted: 5 Jun 2002 4:16PM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2004 4:03AM GMT
Lorene, Do you have any info on Elias Carroll b:1794 and wife Elizabeth b: 1804. Children: Jane b: 1821, Natchila b: 1823, Ortho b: 1825, Jessee b: 1827, Mary L b: 1829, Elender b: 1831, Peyton b: 1833, Elias b: 1837, and James b: 1839. They died in Shelby County, Texas. Clifford Eubanks

Re: carrol(l) geneology GA

Beth (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2002 2:52AM GMT
Surnames: Templeton, Carrol, Farmer
My Grandmother's name was Margaret Myrtle Carrol(l) Farmer. She was born in Rome GA and married my Grandfather John N. Farmer who was from Catersville GA.
My Great Aunt is still living, her name is Willie Mae. Other siblings that have passed are George, Clyde, & Connie. There dad was married twice, once proir to his marriage to my G Grandmother. I can't recall his name, but the one you listed in your posting sounds familiar.
I believe that this Carroll family came over during the 1800's and the original spelling of the name was altered shortly after arriving in the states.
This Carrol family is buried at Wax cemetery near Rome GA.

Also, The name Wesley Carroll also sounds familar.
Does any of this information sound as if it connects to anyone's family history or answer your questions?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions