Search for content in message boards

Sutton Family of West Virginia

Sutton Family of West Virginia

Posted: 7 Apr 2007 12:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sutton
I’m looking for anyone who is researching the Sutton family of Sutton, West Virginia. Their family history is recorded in 2 books: History of Braxton County and Central West Virginia, and Genealogy of the Sutton Family in America. Both books are by John Davison Sutton, published around 1920.

Re: Sutton Family of West Virginia

Posted: 26 Apr 2007 3:10PM GMT
Surnames: Sutton
My grandmother was a Sutton from Braxton Co., WV
Who are you looking for?

Posted: 27 Apr 2007 11:05AM GMT
Surnames: Sutton, Darley
My ancestor, Thomas Sutton, appeared in Jefferson County, Mississippi, in 1820. According to the 1830 census, he was born circa 1790-1800 and was foreign, not naturalized. According to family legend, his father’s name was John. John’s family came to America from England, and John came over after he finished his education. He was a schoolteacher who came to South Carolina. His family was related to an earl in Sheffield, England. This description fits John D. Sutton. His ancestors were from Manchester, England, which is about 50 miles from Sheffield. I believe John D. is Thomas’ father. John D's wife's father was named Thomas Darley. Problem: my Thomas Sutton died of yellow fever about 3 years before John D. died, so Thomas wouldn’t be listed in a will or probate. I need help finding proof that Thomas is John's son.

Posted: 14 Jul 2014 8:15PM GMT
i am looking for Margaret Sutton, my grandmother. Child of Felix Sutton..Braxton Cty, WV. Also, Felix O. Sutton, an atty, and Jane Sutton, a student. I am trying to locate Margarets descendants..she was my father's mother, married Charles Neson Hawkins, lived in Columbus, Ohio ...at lest in the vicinity. Mother died shortly after childs birth, Herbert, raised in county orphanage. Father left all children and last known to be in London, OH but dont know if he was married. Lived with an Indian woman but no name is known.
Evelyn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions