Search for content in message boards

Martha Gay,Augusta,Ga.

Martha Gay,Augusta,Ga.

Rev. Stephen Deas (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2000 9:52AM GMT
Does anyone have information on Martha Gay, who married Stephen Deas, in Augusta,Ga.,I would like to know more about the Gay's, since she was my great-grandmother. Thanks,SCD

Martha Gay

Herbert Gay (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2000 3:48PM GMT
To: Rev.Stephen Deas,
I have a Martha Gay,who is the 5th child of Berry Gay and his wife Annice ??,but i'm not sure who she married.She was born in Alabama in 1854.That's all i have on her.Not sure if she is the one your looking for though.Berry Gay is my gggrandfather.I've been trying to get information on who his parents were,so if you happen to have any info that would help me,i would appreciate it alot.
Herbert

Martha Gay

Posted: 3 Jan 2001 8:02AM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2001 3:45PM GMT
Martha Gay b. 1854 in AL and daughter of Berry Gay was my great-great-grandmother. I have some information I'm willing to share. Please contact me at april.page@tenethealth.com.

Re: Martha Gay,Augusta,Ga.

Posted: 4 May 2002 4:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
i'm from augusta,georgia and went to john milledge grade school with "Doy (or Doye) Gay...we lived in the harrisburg district....let me know if this sounds familar as my brother knew him well ..his mother may be your great grand mother....Doy should be almost 60 years old...try searching west view cemetary on division street in augusta where most Gay's are buried...hope this helps.

Re: Martha Gay

kmoore35903@yahoo.com (View posts)
Posted: 2 Dec 2002 3:12AM GMT
Surnames: gay
I am looking for info on Thomas Gay, who was born in Heard co, ga. in 1829, but eventually moved to alabama. he married Martha j. maxwell in Jackson county, al in 1840...do you think there is a connection between your Martha Gay and Thomas? i am trying to find names of his siblings/parents.

Re: Martha Gay

April Gill Page (View posts)
Posted: 2 Dec 2002 2:14PM GMT
No connection. This branch of Gays migrated to Louisiana and settled there. No children named Thomas.

Re: Martha Gay, Augusta,Ga. who was married to Stephen Deas

Posted: 19 Jan 2013 2:08AM GMT
Martha Jane Gay (1853- 1897 ) who married Stephen Deas (1851 - 1920 ) my grandfather.
Martha was Stephen's first marriage and they had 8 children.
My grandmother was his second wife.
All three are buried in Magnolia Cemetary in Augusta Ga.
I have a great picture of Martha Gay Deas. I also have more information if indeed this may be your kin.
Let me know,

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 3:14AM GMT
Since your relative was from Augusta, Have you come across
any information on Lucinda Gay. She married Seaborn Boyd.
would appreciate any info anyone can provide. Thanks in
advance.

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 10:07PM GMT
I don't recognize the name Lucinda Gay or Seaborn Boyd, but I will certainly keep these names in my notes in case I run across something.
Do you know if they had a connection to Martha Gay?
I'm not related to Martha but I'd be glad to explain my connection to her if you would like to know and if it might help you in any way.
My Best,
Christine Deas Dukes
granddaughter of Stephen Deas from Gracewood Ga

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 7:10PM GMT
Surnames: Gay
Since I haven't been able to find anything on my Lucinda except her being married to Seaborn Boyd, I don't any thing about any other Gay. Don't know parents or siblings.Ann
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions