Search for content in message boards

RE: Thomas Rickman-Halifax, VA 1700's

Robert Rickman (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2003 3:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rickman
Jack,

Thanks for replying to my message. I looked up genforum.com and there was some great info. I'm searching my direct line which, as of now, ends with Thomas Rickman. Thomas's son John Rickman is my direct line. John is mentioned in Thomas's Will and in the Duaghters Of The American Revolution as being Thomas's son. Abraham Rickman the son of John is also in my direct line. Any info you may have on John would be greatly appreciated. The Info I have on John is as follows:

B: 1740 Halifax County, VA
D: 1800? Chatham County, NC
Spouse: Sarah?
Children: Lucy, Anna (b:1763), William, Abraham and Tabetha

Take care,
R. Rickman

Robert Rickman (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2003 3:22AM GMT
Jack,

Thanks for replying to my message. I looked up genforum.com and there was some great info. I'm searching my direct line which, as of now, ends with Thomas Rickman. Thomas's son John Rickman is my direct line. John is mentioned in Thomas's Will and in the Duaghters Of The American Revolution as being Thomas's son. Abraham Rickman the son of John is also in my direct line. Any info you may have on John would be greatly appreciated. The Info I have on John is as follows:

B: 1740 Halifax County, VA
D: 1800? Chatham County, NC
Spouse: Sarah?
Children: Lucy, Anna (b:1763), William, Abraham and Tabetha

Take care,
R. Rickman

Posted: 10 Feb 2003 3:23AM GMT
Edited: 8 Oct 2005 8:31PM GMT
Robert:

Try this link on John Rickman.

http://genforum.genealogy.com/rickman/messages/586.html

jackr.

John's DOB and children?

Posted: 14 Feb 2003 7:16PM GMT
Edited: 8 Oct 2005 8:31PM GMT
Robert,

Your 02 Feb 03 message has caused me to consider new possibilities regarding Robert Rickman (son of Thomas) and Robert Rickman (grandson of Thomas), mentioned in Thomas' will.

It is the DOB of your John (1740) and the list of his children that prompted this re-examination. I had always considered that Robert Jr. had to be John Rickman's son to be Thomas' grandson.

Mark, Nathan, and Joshua were named in Boyce Tatum's will as her sons fathered by her husband Robert Rickman. There is no mention of Robert Rickman JR. as their son.

Also, there is a Robert Rickman and wife Elizabeth involved in land transactions with Thomas Rickman during the early 1750s. My thinking was that with a wife named Elizabeth, this could not be my ancestor Robert (m. to Boyce). Also, records indicated this to be the son of Thomas, and father of grandson Robert.

If your John Rickman had no son Robert, perhaps Robert was the son of the above Robert and Elizabeth Rickman. Could this be my Robert who perhaps married Boyce Tatum after the death of Elizabeth?

This scenario would ease my doubts on a link between Thomas and my Robert (husband of Boyce).

So, what I'm asking is: How sure are you of John's DOB and of his offspring not including the Robert grandson of Thomas?

Best,
jackr.

Re: RE: Thomas Rickman-Halifax, VA 1700's

Posted: 9 Apr 2009 2:42AM GMT
Surnames: RICKMAN
I HAVE THAT JOHN IN MY FAMILY,ALSO. THE DATES ARE JUST A LITTLE OFF FROM MINE. I HAVE JOHN BEING BORN IN 1745 VA TO 1803 NORTH CAROLINA. HE WEDS A SARAH ? IN 1762 AND HAS ABRAHAM-ANNA AND THOMAS J. I COME ON DOWN FROM ABRAHAM. MY GRANDPA WAS A RICKMAN. WOULD LIKE TO SEE HOW CLOSE KIN WE ARE--------- I HAVE TONS OF INFO ON RICKMANS.

PAM

Posted: 10 Apr 2009 3:09PM GMT
Hello, My name is Regina Rickman Williams. I'm looking for info on my Rickman Family. This is all I've been able to find out. If you can help please do so. Goerge W. Rickman Sir b:abt May 1848 in Virginia, date of death is unknown to me. He was married to S. Elizabeth ? Rickman b: abt Oct 1848 in Virginia, date of death also unknown to me. They had 8 or 10 children. Nanny D. or Nettie 1871 or 1876, Isaac or Isaac K. 1873 or 1880, Roger 1875, Thomas 1877, Lena 1881, Susan 1882, Ellen 1887 and George W. Jr b: abt Dec 1879 in Virginia and died 11 Aug 1953 in Marshell Co, West Virginia. He married Lucinda K. Smith 1881-1949 and they had 5 children Maggie 1903-?, William Dolphus 1904-1946, Grover Hatfield 1907-1944, Ruby Lee 1912-1973 and Howard Carmen 1916-1994. All believe to be born in Virginia. Grover was born in Roanoka, Virginia. He is my grandfather. Grover married Loucila K. Smith 1917-1988. I have fould where they got married two times 25 May 1934 and 19 July 1942. They had three sons before he died in WWII. Howard Lee ?-?, Donald Victor 1942-1989 and Robert 1944-1987. Donald is my father; I don't know my family and when I went to meet my father he had past away 2 years before I got there. I did meet him one time when I was 11 years old but at 11 I didn't think about asking him things about the family. So if there is anything that you can help me with I will count my blissing. Thank you Regina Rickman Williams.

Posted: 10 Apr 2009 6:18PM GMT
Surnames: RICKMAN
I AM AT A LOSS WHEN YOU LISTED ALL THOSE KIDS OF JOHN AND SARAH RICKMAN. MY KIDS ARE ABRAHAM, ANNA AND THOMAS J. ABRAHAM WED ROSANNA BARBEE--------ANNA WED TAPLEY BYNUM AND THOMAS J WED REBECCA WATTS. I COME FROM THE ABRAHAM SIDE. THERE IS A GEORGE BORN TO JOSEPH BARBEE RICKMAN AND REBECCA WILLIFORD. HIS DATES ARE 1842---? I WILL DO SOME MORE LOOKING INTO THIS AND GET BACK TO YOU.

PAM

Posted: 10 Apr 2009 11:11PM GMT
Sorry about all the info. I'm new at this and was told more info the better it was to find out about the family. When I started looking for my family I didn't know who my grandfather was until I got on Ancestry and the census, so any info you can give would be nice. If it would help you out, I could invite you into my tree to look at it. I have only known this much for about 2 months now. Here is my e-mail if you would like to e-mail me. r4659w@yahoo.com

Regina Rickman Williams

Posted: 11 Apr 2009 12:35AM GMT
Pam, I hit GOLD today. I had some wrong info in my tree and when I went through everything and got all the wrong stuff out, I got a pic of George Rickman and the right brith and death dates to all the children. Thank you so much. You brought me luck...lol Your no longer Pam to me but my pot of gold. We maybe cuzins...lol Like to talk to you more about your (our) side of the family.

Thanks Regina

Posted: 11 Apr 2009 2:28PM GMT
Surnames: thomas rickman
HI, when you finally find that elusive person--------all the cofusion and eye strain is worth it!!!!!Ha--------let me know how things turn out-------keep in touch and glad to have you aboard. the Rickmans are good,hardworking people and my grandpa Jed was one of the best.I would love to see the picture-------most Rickmans had black hair-but were short--------at least my side was!!!!!Ha-----------there are tons of war records and land records for them and BIG households. Will invite you to see mine when I go public--------am still polishing.

Pam

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions