Search for content in message boards

Catherine GRIFFIN

Catherine GRIFFIN

Posted: 14 Dec 2003 11:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jul 2006 10:08PM GMT
Surnames: GRIFFIN/MORRIS
Seeking info on GGM, Catherine GRIFFIN b 1827 Ireland (county unknown) to Bryan GRIFFIN and Catherine BROWN.
Married Michael MORRIS 1846 ST. Louis.
Can anyone help me locate county of birth???

Re: Catherine GRIFFIN

Posted: 16 Dec 2003 2:05PM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2005 2:02AM GMT
Why don't you try County Clare? Try the County Clare Library site for more Clare History. My Catherine Griffin is from there (but born about the 1850's) and my aunt, who just visited lClare last spring, maintains the Griffins are still there and have a pub. Any 'Clare' Griffins out there that can help ???

Posted: 16 Dec 2003 2:21PM GMT
Surnames: GRIFFIN
Thanks Jennifer, I'll try the County Clare Library

Catherine was born to Bryan and Catherine Brown Griffin abt 1827 in Ireland. Any other help greatly appreciated.

Sue

Posted: 18 Feb 2004 5:22PM GMT
Edited: 17 Feb 2005 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: Walsh, Griffin, Whelahan
HI, I have a Catherine Griffin also, but have no idea from where in Ireland. She married a Walsh. Her parents we think were Patrick Griffin and Meary Whelahan. Are either of these names familiar to you? Thanks, Barbara (Walsh) McGregor

Posted: 18 Feb 2004 11:18PM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2005 2:02AM GMT
Barbara,
Sorry, but my Catherine Griffin was married to Michael Carrigg. You should check out the Clare Library website and the Clare Census (they have that on their site.) There are many Griffins from Ennistymon and Clare County in general. You'll have to check each town name and the streets...I hope you find her there. Good luck with your search!
Jen

Posted: 19 Feb 2004 12:51AM GMT
Surnames: GRIFFIN
Hi Barbara,
No the names you mentioned were not those I was seeking. But I think I remember seeing something about birth/baptism on one of the Irish.com sites of your names. Thought I had a copy but can't find it. Hope for your sake its the same. Good luck

Posted: 19 May 2010 11:25PM GMT
Surnames: Griffin, Walsh, Kilknockan, Tuogh, Adare, Limerick
Just saw you old post.
I have a Walsh / Griffin connection.
My ancestor Henry Griffin of Kilknockan, Adare Parish in Limerick, married a Margaret Walsh of neighboring Tuogh township. They had a number of children, at least four of whom came to Australia.

Jim Griffin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic