Search for content in message boards

?Address for Denver Hill Cemetery

Pennington......

Teresa McKenzie (View posts)
Posted: 14 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pennington
Hi Peggy,
I can't answer the question you posted.....but I was wondering if your Pennington's are from Johnson County.
My maiden name was Pennington and I am tracing the family tree.
Thank you,
Teresa

?Address for Denver Hill Cemetery

Posted: 14 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 4:51PM GMT
Surnames: SMITH, PENNINGTON
Is there anyone who could tell me what address I would use (Sexton's name would be helpful too) to request information about family members buried in Denver Hill cemetery of Johnson Co., KY?
Also what would be appropriate donation (or do they have set fees?) to send?
Thank-you,
Peggy

We are from the same line .....

Posted: 15 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Hi Peggy,
We are connected to the same line of Pennington's......
Joshua to William....
William to Levi....
Levi to Walker ....
Walker to Roscoe ( Roscoe is my grandpa.)
Your George Washington was a brother to my Levi....
Hope to hear from you again soon.
Teresa

Pennington

Posted: 15 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: PENNINGTON, SMITH
Teresa,
Yes, my PENNINGTONs were in Johnson Co., KY.
Here is some information on my direct line. Each of these Pennington men had abt. 9-13 children.

Joshua b. 1790 VA - d. 1870-1880 Paintsville, Johnson Co., KY.

son of Joshua: William b. 1816 VA (? possibly NC) - d. 1880-1900. He was in the Johnson Co., KY 1880 census. age 64 with wife Martha age 64.

son of William: George Washington b. 1847 Paintsville, Johnson Co., KY - d. 25 Oct. 1929 KY; burial at Denver Hill cem. Denver, Johnson Co., KY. He & family in the same 1880 KY census.

daughter of George: Allafair b. 1882 KY - d. 1954 Carter Co. married 1st Richard H. SMITH 1902 Carter Co. Richard b. abt. 1870-1878 KY - d. 1924 (where?) burial Denver Hill cem., Denver, Johnson Co., KY.

If you are interested in further information let me know. If you connect to this family please let me know.
Peggy

George Pennington

Posted: 17 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
I am sorry, but after looking through the information I have on the Pennington's....I don't have the children of
George Pennington's son Claiborn......I have a Claiborn(1838) and a George(1847) who were children of William and Martha (Blanton) Pennington.

Then Levi and Sylvania(Colvin) Pennington had two sons George (1879) and Clairborn(1883).....I don't have any info on paper about George.....My great uncle was able to tell me some stories about George....he apparently had a terrible temper and spent time living alone and hiding out.

My Levi was also a son of William and Martha.....a brother to the first set George and Claiborn mentioned.

I wish I could help you more.....I know the time and effort it takes to research and find family.

Best of luck!

GEORGE PENNINGTON 1880 JOHNSON CO

Nancy (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT

Hi i read your info and i am wondering if you have any info on one of Georges Sons Claiborne in Johnson county census of 1880 he was born 1877 if this is the one i am looking for he later married a luvinia Sergent and he allways listed his name as clabe he died in 1973 in ohio after first comming to WV. He had 9 children that i know of. this Clabe is my husbands maternal grandfather. His Children are ABRAM 21.. HARVEY L 19....SUSAN 17...LEALAN 15....MARY H 13...GEORGE ROY 9...MARTHA E 6.(our line)....STEPHEN 4.....JESSIE 1 1/2.. THIS IS PER CENSUS 1920 Thanks for any info Nancy

George & Mary Pennington Children

Nancy L (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Pennington, Young, Mobley, Rice, Williams
Hi i have new info on my Pennington lines my Clabe was George & Mary pennington of JOHNSON CO. KY. son. This info is from Clabes sister Emmas' daughter who said that clabe and emma was children of George & Mary. Emmas' daughter is 80 years old. She said clabe was one of the oldest and her mother was one of the youngest. So my Clabe is the Clairborne that i believe is shown in the Census of Johnson Co 1880 who is 3 years old. He died in Feb.1973 in Ohio

Nancy L

Clabes and Luvina Pennington

Nancy L (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: YOUNG, PENNINGTON, SARGENT, MOBLEY, WILLIAMS
Hi Peggy great to hear from you. I come in thru Clabes' daughter Martha Pennington who married Levi Emberson Mobley bn 3-19-1905 Whitley co. ky DD 11-19-1962 kan.Co. WV s/o Marshall s/o levi s/o Archibald Who also married a luvisa young 1840 in TN
Martha & Levi married 11-19-1932 kan co. WV. Married their son James D. so here is how i currently have it. All of Clabes children are gone but STEVEs wife Ruby (Brown) is still living and she gave me dorothy Wells as a daughter of Emma whom lives at East Bank and said she might know who their parents gramparents might be. So I called and she cant talk on phone cuz hearing so her daughter/daughterinlaw conveded message and before any thing i said she said right away george and mary young so i knew it was right cuz i had them as a poss. i Believe Jesse wife may still be living they lived in NJ i believe. Ruby is going to give me her phone # . So here is how i have it so far:
CLABE PENNINGTON bn 1877 Johnson Co. D FEb 1973 OH
Luvina SARGENT BN 1883 DD ABOUT 1920-1930
ABRAM BN 1899 KY DD ??? died ??
HARVEY L. BN 1901 KY DD AFTER 1976 OHIO
SUSAN BN 1903 KY DD ???
LEALAN BN 1905 KY DD ???
MARY HAZEL BN 5-28-1907 KY DD 2-01-1972 KAN CO. WV
GEORGE ROY BN 10-2-1909/10 WV DD 12-6-1990 KAN.CO WV MARTHA ETHEL BN 4-26-1913 KY DD 2-3-1988 KAN.CO. WV
STEPHEN M BN 5-3-1916 WV DD 5-24-1982 KAN. CO. WV
JESSE BN 1918/19 WV DD ??? BALTIMORE MD
this is per the 1920 census of kanawha co.wv i know that abram was 21 and he must have died not too long after this census i never Knew lealan and i belive she also died early also for susan.. also living in the househould is an ALLIE ROACH who says she is a cousin BN KY AGE 27 for luviana i cant read her selling its like LUE V but my husbands sis says it was luvina sargent i was wonder would this be your ALLIE ??? This is about all i can type right now but MARY HAZEL PENNNGTON /ALLEN/SHORT granddaughter is also helping me we are both working on two lines province and pennington we are both provinces some one else gave me the info that georgeparents were WILLIAM & MARTHA AND WILLIAM WAS S/O JOSHUA & NANCY would that be right???? e-mail me please nlm1247@webtv.net thanks Nancy L

PENNINGTON Family

Surnames: PENNINGTON, YOUNG, DEERING, SARGENT, SMITH, BROUGHTON, COX
Hi Nancy,
I have limited information for "Clabe" and would love to fill in some blanks (and or make corections) with information you may have. Would like to add your direct line names to my data base, too!
Here is what I have for "Clabe", son of George Washington PENNINGTON and Mary Rebecca YOUNG:
Born 1877 Died 1972 Married __?__ SARGENT Had following Children:
1)Harvey
2)Martha
3)Mary
4)Jesse
5)Steve
6)Susie
7)"Bug Dust" - from another researcher of this family- must be a nickname! Do you know anything about this individual?
8)Millie

Which daughter of Aunt Emma are you speaking of? I wonder (hope!) if there is any chance she can recall anything about Emma's sister (my great-grandmother), Allifair nee: PENNINGTON, SMITH, BROUGHTON?
She was known as "Allie" Born 1882 Died 1954, first married Richard SMITH (died 1924) then married George BROUGHTON. I descend from Allie & Richard's daughter Mary who married Joseph O. COX.
For Emma I have the following:
Born 1893 Died 1973 Maried Vol DEERING (died in mine) Married Butch Gellihue (sp? last name)
Emma's children:
1)Garnett (died young)
2)Faye
3)Dorothy
4)Amanda E.
5)John
6)Lawrence
7)JoAnne
8)Leo
I look forward to hearing from you. Happy to share additional PENNINGTON family information!
Peggy

We are from the same line- Teresa McKenzie

Surnames: PENNINGTON, SPARKS, BLANTON, YOUNG
Teresa,
Sorry, don't recall seeing your message before today and so don't think I responded to you. Not intentional. Last several months have had a lot of distractions....
Please contact me directly at rpmrazik@msn.com
as I would like to hear more and exchange information!
Peggy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions