Search for content in message boards

Looking for Cemetery near Archie, Cass county, MO

Looking for Cemetery near Archie, Cass county, MO

Posted: 4 Jan 2010 8:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mawson, Tillison, Gross, Hodges, Houtz, Hess, Banke, Feraris, Cheek
Trying to find a cemetery that my mother (a Mawson) vaguely remembers from her childhood that may have been on the east side (now of Highway 71) at Archie, Cass county, Missouri near Grand River. The stones were old and perhaps in a pasture in the 1930's. It may have had 25 graves more or less and we don't know the name of the cemetery either. It is not the Austin Cemetery or VanSandt Cemetery that is further east. If anyone could be of any help, it is driving us crazy. There could be relatives buried there or not, no one knows for sure.

Re: Looking for Cemetery near Archie, Cass county, MO

Posted: 6 Jan 2010 1:55AM GMT
Contact the library....if you have, to ask for the local historian. You could also contact historical societies for that area. Also try the website find a grave.com. A funeral home that has been in business for a long time might also know.
Jennifer G.

Posted: 7 Jan 2010 7:57PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: MAWSON
Adella Mawson
Birth: unknown
Death: Oct. 11, 1875

Note: Age 3 mos.

+
Albert Mawson
Birth: Jun. 6, 1873
Death: Sep. 26, 1873

Note: Age 3 mos.

+
Infant Mawson
Birth: Jul. 22, 1872
Death: Jul. 22, 1872

+
Martha J. Mawson
UNKNOWN

IN

Burial:
Everett
Everett
Cass County
Missouri, USA
Plot:

Posted: 7 Jan 2010 11:36PM GMT
Reply to above Archie, Cass County MO cemeteries.

Here's a list of cemeteries in and/or near Archie, MO. Crescent Hill, Oak Hill, Longview Funeral, Pleasant Hill, Forest Hill-Calvary and Elmwood Cemeteries. Looking at the map, these cemeteries aren't that far from each other.

Good Luck!

Posted: 16 Jul 2013 1:14AM GMT
Hi I was wondering if the cemetery you're looking for could be the Moudy Cemetery. It is located in the middle of a pasture that is surrounded by fencing. You have to have permission from the land owners to get there. It is located outside of Archie, MO on H.W. 307.
I walked this cemetery in Jan. 2013 and recorded as many names as I could make out. It is in very bad condition, over grown and a lot of the stones have fallen. I did not have any of your names you are searching for listed. I hope this will solve your mystery.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic