Search for content in message boards

Stanard Family Sheffield/New Marlboro Help Please

Stanard Family Sheffield/New Marlboro Help Please

Posted: 10 May 2005 4:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stanard/Stannard
I have been searching for the parents of Daniel Stanard (b. 1800) for years. Lived in Sheffield until after 1850. Searched the Town records without luck.
Can someone help?
Thanks

Re: Stanard Family Sheffield/New Marlboro Help Please

Posted: 16 May 2007 7:05PM GMT
Surnames: STANNARD, STANARD
Although I do not have direct information about the parentage of Daniel Stanard, I am also researching the Stannard families that lived in New Marlborough and Sheffield, MA. I am descended from John Stannard who died about October 1773 at New Marlborough; his widow Hannah (Hanchett) Stannard married in July 1780 Jared Huxley. When John died, at least seven of his 11 known children were under the age of 18. As far as I can tell from my research, only two of the six sons of John and Hannah remained in Berkshire County after the Revolutionary War - John Jr. and Jeheil; the latter married Wealthy Sisson at Sheffield December 1824; this was probably at least his second marriage given that he was 58 years old at the time.

Please let me know if you want to share information.

Judith Bowen

Posted: 17 May 2007 8:31AM GMT
Judith - would be happy to share information. Please email to dstanard@aol.com. Thanks

Posted: 20 Sep 2008 3:51AM GMT
Surnames: Stannard, Davis, Leffingwell, Etc.
I have some information on the Stannard Family that lived in Sheffield & New Malborough!! The Stannards Married into the Davis's & Other's!! Email me at angi9182@yahoo.com and i will give you all the info i have!!!

Posted: 13 Jan 2009 3:23PM GMT
Surnames: stanard
Hi - Daniel Stanard (1800 - 1872) is my g-g-gfather. I understand there is a book in the MI state library authored by a lady named Lois Trattles Bowman that links this Daniel Stanard to John Stonard of the Mayflower families. You might check this out.

Posted: 10 Jun 2013 8:56AM GMT
Would you happen to have any information on Ambrose Stannard and his family? I'm helping a friend research her family. She's descended from his son Russell.

Thank you.

Posted: 10 Jun 2013 8:47PM GMT
Sorry, I don't. There were a lot of Stannards (sometimes spelled Stanard) who lived in New York State before moving west. Many early Stannards were from Connecticut. My Stannards started in Connecticut (marriage 1728), including Suffield, before migrating to New Marlborough, Mass. My particular Stannard, named Claudius, lived for a number of years in various communities in N.Y. counties east of the Hudson River. He lived for about 6-8 years at Half Moon, Saratoga Co., N.Y. before moving to Geauga Co. Ohio about 1816. Some of his descendants and children migrated to northern Illinois and then to Wisconsin. Some went to Michigan. So the only Stannards in my line who were born in NY were Claudius's children and I have accounted for all of them. Judith
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions