Search for content in message boards

ISAIAH A. MADDOX OF COFFEE CO., AL.

ISAIAH A. MADDOX OF COFFEE CO., AL.

Betsey Dendy (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2000 1:34PM GMT
Looking for any info on Isaiah Maddox. He was married to Stella Harrison in 1908. Children were Johnnie B., William Leon, Elon William, Magdalene, Mattie Ruth, Otis, Alvie, and Mary Alice.

His parents were Jesse Maddox and Martha Donaldson.

Any help greatly appreciated.

MADDOX

LADYE MAGDALENE MADDOX-JOHNSON (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2000 2:30AM GMT
Did he have any brothers; if so were any of them named Menzo. I am looking for my fahter's people who came from Macon County Georgia, moved into Tenn., Ohio, Florida, and perhaps some (he ha siblings) moved in to Alabama. However, I have been un succesful in finding any connections. As you can see I am named after MAGDALENE. You are the third person that I have emailed that has MAGADALENE as a relative. You should take time and read all the information posted on this MADDOX site. I am getting closer to connecting my family after 30 plus years. Good Luck. My father's mother's name was Rosie/Rosy.

MADDOX

Marie (View posts)
Posted: 26 Mar 2001 7:34PM GMT
HI !!
Since you have been searching for so many years, maybe you are the one who has the answers to those of us who have just started, hopefully. I am searching for the family of William C. Maddox who mar. Callie Ellis in Elba, AL in the 1860's. They had a son Oscar Maddox who had a daug. Fanchie and she mar. J.T. Brooks of New Brockton, AL. Does anyone know of these families? Would appreciate any info on them.
Thanks, Marie

Re: MADDOX

Kate (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2001 8:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
I believe Fanchie Brooks has attended Woodland Grove Baptist Church near New Brockton for many years and is still living. There is a Callie D (b. 9-27-1863; d. 4-24-1887) and William C. (b. 8-30-1856; d. 3-29-?) buried at Rosin Ridge Cemetery near Elba. Oscar T. and Lila D are also buried in this same cemetery.

Re: MADDOX

Posted: 28 Aug 2001 3:04AM GMT
Edited: 21 Dec 2005 9:44PM GMT
Kate, Thanks for your two messages. I have been in that cemetery but was looking for and taking pix of her mother's grave- Martha Jane (Blackman) Plant. She first married Wm Henry Plant and he died then she married Thomas M. Ellis there in Elba.

She is buried there beside Wm Plant. I had written to the church secretary or pastor but had no responce.
Thanks again for the information. I will check this out and try to call Fanchie Brooks again.
Marie

Re: MADDOX -Martha Jane (Blackman) Plant

Posted: 21 Aug 2002 7:09AM GMT
Edited: 23 Aug 2002 4:07PM GMT
Hi,
Could I find out more about your Martha Jane BLACKMAN?
Do you have any info on her BLACKMAN family lines?
Or know anyone who does?
Thanks,
Tiffany

Re: MADDOX Martha Ellis was part Choctaw

Posted: 21 Aug 2002 7:23AM GMT
Edited: 23 Aug 2002 4:07PM GMT
Hi,
I noticed your query and realized that Martha that was married to Thomas Ellis and wondered if he was related to Martha A. Ellis and Solomon Jones, Martha was 1/2 Choctaw. You can see the genealogy of this at
Sam Jones was born abt. 1847 most likely in Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory. His mother may have also been Ruth. He married Martha A. Ellis. It is believed that Sam and his wife Martha A. ELLIS did not have children, Martha is listed as 1/2 Choctaw. Sam died about 1912 in Atoka, Atoka Co., Oklahoma
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~treetop/Solomon.htm...
and you should check further for more than this connection
at http://www.genealogy4all.com and http://www.choctaw-web.com
Please let me know what you find or have as I'm interested in the BLACKMAN part.
Thanks

Re: ISAIAH A. MADDOX OF COFFEE CO., AL.

Posted: 11 Jul 2004 8:33AM GMT
Where did Stella Harrison live and do you know if Mattie married?????? Doubt there is any connection but worth checking. My family was from Kentucky and tenn.

Thanks, Angie

Willie (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2004 11:23PM GMT
I am of that Maddox clan. What are you looking for?
My email is wwwbutts@prodigy.net Willie in California

Ed Adams (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2004 2:55PM GMT
I have a James R. Harrison married to Mary B. Maddox in Hardin Co., TN. Hardin is just across the AL line. Married 10/04.1893. See web site at:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootweb.com/~adams1895/
If you see a conection, please let me know.
Ed
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions