Search for content in message boards

Murray clan of Muirkirk,Ayrshire,Scotland,and Aust

Murray clan of Muirkirk,Ayrshire,Scotland,and Aust

tONY HILL (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 1999 4:44PM GMT
Please contact with info re the Muirkirk 'clan'...I descend from Thomas Murray m.Christian McGregor(of Eastwood,Renfrewshire),who emigrated to Victoria,Aust,circa 1842.Contact tonhi69@hotmail.com

Murray Clan

Karen Cooley (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2000 2:34AM GMT
I am descended from Kennedy Murray, apparently through the Duke of Atholl line which I believe is Muirkirk also.

Perhaps we may have some links.

Murray

tony Hill (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2000 11:45AM GMT
Karen,
I have only researched to Thomas Murray,b.circa 1800,in Muirkirk..interested to hear about the link with nobility!Rgds

Starting my Search

Gary Buhr (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2000 12:11PM GMT
My Great Grandfather, Robert Murray was born in 1812 and Married Jean Robertson and lived in Ayror,Dalry, Scotland. Moved to Morrison, Illinois around 1842. They had five children two of whom served in the Civil War. I am trying to determine what his ancestory was and potentially locate some present relatives who may be living in the Edinboro, Dundee area. On a visit to Scotland back in "81" found the grave of my Great Grandfather, Robert's sister, Isabel Murray that was on a grave marker erected by Jeannie Pullar. It also listed the names of Jane Jack and David Murray. The cemetary was located in Lochee, Scotland. Appeciate any direction you could give me.

Murray

tony hill (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2000 1:08PM GMT
Don't think I can help,as my Murrays came from Muirkirk,Ayrshire,not the areas you mentioned...sorry.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic