Search for content in message boards

Horace Stebbins in Van Buren Co MI

Horace Stebbins in Van Buren Co MI

Posted: 10 Oct 2009 8:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stebbins, Vedder, Mulholland, Skinner
Horace Stebbins born in Deerfield MA in 1804, moved as boy to Potter, Yates Co NY and as an adult moved to Van Buren Co, MI. The Stebbins Genealogy says he married Susannah Vedder but have been able to find no trace of her. According to info I have, Horace married Jane Mulholland (2 children) and second Lydia Skinner (2 children.) Anyone with any knowledge of whether or not Susannah Vedder existed and knowledge of any descendants of Horace I would like to correspond. I believe Horace had only one child who had children---daughter Maria married Barnabas Odell. Only son was Lewis who died in Civil War service. I am descended from Horace's brother George and am attempting to trace all 13 siblings in that family. Parents were John and Sarah (Sanderson) Stebbins.

Re: Horace Stebbins in Van Buren Co MI

Posted: 14 Sep 2011 1:10AM GMT
Surnames: Stebbins Sperry
I am wondering if there is a connection. My great grandfather was Charles Stebbins (1807-1888).He was born in New York according to the census. He had two children, Hattie (Harriot) born in 1840 in Pennsylvania and Charles born in Boston MA in 1841. Hattie and her husband J.D. Sperry (John) moved to South Haven Van Buren Michigan where she died in 1913. Charles Sr. moved to Richland County Wisconsin in 1854.

Posted: 17 Sep 2011 6:43PM GMT
Sorry for delayed response--have been away. I know of no close relationship between your Charles Stebbins and the Horace Stebbins named in my original post. Horace was one of 13 children of John and Sarah Sanderson Stebbins and there is no Charles in that family (according to The Stebbins Genealogy by Greenlee.). In my research I have found many Stebbins in Michigan including Van Buren Co. They are all cousins of some sort I would believe!

Posted: 15 Jan 2012 12:34AM GMT
Surnames: Stebbins
hey if you find a Charles Stebbins (1807-1888) in your research, I am hitting a stone wall. If i could find relation to him then I could get started again. Thanks.

Posted: 15 Jan 2012 11:11PM GMT
There is a Charles stebbins with same birth and death dates in findagrave .com buried in Wisconsin? Is this your guy? Do you have name of his parents? Have you checked The stebbins Genealogy?

Posted: 17 May 2012 4:38PM GMT
Surnames: Stebbins
Where do you check the Stebbins Geneology?

Posted: 17 May 2012 9:06PM GMT
You can do an internet search for The Stebbins Genealogy by Ralph Stebbins Greenlee. The book can be read on line or downloaded to your computer. This link should work:

http://archive.org/details/stebbinsgenealog01ingree

If not, just google it. I suggest going to the index that I think is in the back and look for whatever name. It is a two volume book so perhaps the index is at the end of the second volume---I do not recall off-hand.

Posted: 17 May 2012 9:09PM GMT
Thank I will try it.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions